• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail QueueProblem

P

poscompo

Yesterday we had a DNS Server problem. All resolved now.However we now cannot receive amil from some mailboxes. We can send ok and the mail is showing and can be read in Horde, but not from an e-mail client.

How do we clear a blocked queue, if that is the problem? We have restarted the server and all services from Plesk. Do we need to go in with Putty?

cheers

Poscompo

What error (code and message) from the email client is reported?

If it is actually a bad email clogging up the works, then using Horde, you can probably find and delete (most likely a spam email) the one which is clogging it up.

Although much less frequent than last year (under Plesk 6), Spam with certain characteristics can still cause email clients to fail downloading messages (even in Plesk 7.x.x). In all cases which I have seen, it is due to spam and can be read by Horde, but will prevent POP download until the bad one is deleted.

I don't know enough to elaborate, but take a look at qmhandle to help fix this problem.

Best regards,
poke

Also, 4PSA has recently release QManager and is very useful for my clients and myself......

Back