• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail send from server is not received.

JeroenBL

New Pleskian
Dear all,

I have a very inconvenient problem with my plesk server.

While being busy programming a simple PHP Mail() form I discovered that mails send to certain email addresses are not received.

For example
If I send my email to [email protected] it works perfectly, while sending to [email protected] (and some others) isn't working.

I thought that it would be because of Mail() or even Hotmail settings, but there are more email addresses which aren't receiving any emails from any of my domains. -> (so maybe an overall email setting?)
And after experimenting with Horde webmail, I found out that emails send from the webmail are also not received by the same email-adresses.

NOTE: Strange thing (in my opinion, but maybe this trivial) is that forwarding incoming emails to the non-working email addresses IS working.

This really is a huge problem for me and my hosting clients, I hope someone can help me out!

Thank you very much in advance!

Check whether hotmail/live is blocking your IP, they normally do that.
Also check whether you have created a SPF record for your domain in the DNS, i found that after creating SPF records, hotmail does indeed receive mails from my server.

hope this helps

Samir

Hey Samir,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Where can I check if hotmail/live is blocking my IP, and if this is the problem, why would other email addresses also block my IP?

I already created a SPF record including: v=spf1 +a +mx -all :(

Back