• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail server problem

C

chitchatonline

you guys have answered this a million times.. and i'm sorry i just can't figure it out or search the right post for it.. so i'm posting this here...

please help :)

i keep getting an error when i send a mail through my web mail

There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25

does this mean i don't have the smtp setup in my server???

virtual dedicated server on godaddy
plesk 7.5
mail - horde

can someone help?:confused:

Technically this post should be in the problems forum I suspect but no problem.

You should check your vhosts file to make sure you've got a localhost setup in there, it would be hard for your server to connect to localhost if it doesn't know what "localhost" is.

sorry for posting it on the wrong place...

well after going back and forth with godaddy... they did get the webmail to work...

however when i add it to my outlook i get the following error...

Task 'mail.basementwallsystem.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

we are at a business facility with our own dedicated internet line and we always use pop3 accounts without any problems...

what could this be???

any ideas on configuring the outlook? i believe i got all the settings right... mail.domain.com for both pop3 and smtp
also the required authentication along with the incoming user info...

i haven't seen any more steps in the documentations for the outlook setup...

so i'm a little stuck
thanks

Back