1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail Setup Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by subtype, Jun 13, 2007.

1. subtype

subtype Guest

I am running Plesk 8.1.1 on CentOS...

I went into my Mac email client and setup my email account with this info:

inbound: mail.hemptanicals.com
    outbound: mail.hemptanicals.com

Port 25, no authentication, no SSL...

I get this error:

[​IMG]

What am i doing wrong? is there some email setup instructions i cannot find? The knowledge base is no help. Thanks!

2. subtype

subtype Guest

PS webmail works fine...

3. subtype

subtype Guest

Anyone? Are there step by step email setup instructions for both the plesk part and mail clients somewhere? I cannot find them.

4. subtype

subtype Guest

I checked the rcpthosts file and my domain is listed there, do I need to add mail.mydomain.com or just domain.com?

5. gtoger

gtoger Guest

I believe this is in the manual... But you need to use SMTP authentication with your email client, using the same username/password as the POP3.

HTH...

6. kassah

kassah Guest

Some bits here,
    you need to go into your admin and in Server | Mail
    under 'Relaying' ensure it's set to 'authorization required' and 'POP 3 Lock Time' is set. Optionally, you may want to use 'SMTP' which allows you to do authed outgoing mail.

Thanks,
    Will