• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail Stuck In Queue after installing and delete Sentinel Anti-malware

mcac

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 #2
Since I installed the extension Sentinel Anti-malware and deleted it after a short time later all mails are stucked in queue. No mails sending, no mails receiving. What can I do? The extension is deleted. plesk repair --mail -y found no issues. Server was restarted. All services started and running.

Before installing Sentinel Anti Malware, the Plesk EmailSecurity extension was already installed. Now I realised that Amavis was deactivated there and the virus scanner too. I have reactivated both. The Sentinel Anti Malware extension seems to have been deactivated during installation and not restored to its original state after uninstallation. Now the emails are delivered, but very slowly. The queue had about 150 mails. After half an hour, just 70 mails have been delivered. I don't see any issues in the monitoring. I have also deactivated Plesk Email-Security. This does not bring any speed advantage. Somehow there is still something wrong. Is there any way to check this?​

Now the email queue is empty. I think it was a very long time to deliver 150 mails. (More than 1 h) What can be the reason? Greylisting is not active (Checked). Can I do something to restore the state before installation of Sentinel Anti Malware? Plesk Repair-Tools found no problems.

(Warning to all: If you have Plesk Email Security so don't install the extension Sentinel Anti-malware at this time. You got such problems with mailserver.)
@mcac You should check the reason that mail is stuck in the mail queue by running the command:

Code:
mailq
Thanks, I will check this.

It seems, the servers runs normaly now. May be it takes this long time to deliver all mails from mail queue.

I hope this thread helps some other people, who have the same issues after install and uninstall Sentinel Anti-malware.

most likely a postqueue -f would have helped to deliver them immediately
once messages are stuck in the queue for a certain time, new delivery attempts for them only happen once every 1, 2, 4 hours or so.
So it's normal that it may have taken quite some time to get these 150 mails out.

most likely a postqueue -f would have helped to deliver them immediately
once messages are stuck in the queue for a certain time, new delivery attempts for them only happen once every 1, 2, 4 hours or so.
So it's normal that it may have taken quite some time to get these 150 mails out.
Thanks for this quit good information.

Back