• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mail User Sees All Domains

coolemail

Basic Pleskian
We migrated from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10 (currently on 10.2.0).

When individual email users log in as before, now they can see multiple domains and can see all other email addresses under teh "Users" tab.

With the change to customers, domains and subscriptions, there must be something we need to do to resolve this. Please can someone guide us accordingly.

We migrated from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10 (currently on 10.2.0).

When individual email users log in as before, now they can see multiple domains and can see all other email addresses under teh "Users" tab.

With the change to customers, domains and subscriptions, there must be something we need to do to resolve this. Please can someone guide us accordingly.

Did you reconfigure all domains and users to the Plesk 10 version.
Old users and domains of Plesk 9 have to be migrated to Plesk 10 and reconfigured into your system.

Always do you have to reconnect each user by each domain.
It's a lot of work what i telling to you but the only way to do it right.

Thank you for both the answers. I did the following for Mail User and also for Mailuser (spamfilter):
Administrator of Parallels Plesk Panel 10 may configure permissions of role Mail User so that SMB user does not see other mail accounts in Control Panel on page Mail. To accomplish that login to Parallels Plesk Panel as admin and open Control Panel of domain subscription (Subscriptions > DOMAIN.TLD subscription > Users > User Role > Mail User). In the permissions list find 'Create and manage mail accounts' and select 'Denied'.

For Mail User, in top right he can no longer see the list of domains, but he can still see "Users" tab and see all email addresses.

For Mail User (Spamfilter), he can no longer see the list of domains in top right, but he can still see "Users" tab.

Is it necessary to do BOTH the commands at http://kb.odin.com/en/111131 or should the one quoted above be sufficient?

In any case, Sergey, can the engineers fix it so that with both Mail User and Mail User (spamassassin) they are unable to see the drop-down list of domains in the top right after making the change quoted above.

EDIT:

The mysql command hides the "Users" tab. I'm not yet sure what real disadvantage there is, if any, of removing this tab from view.

Post above is slightly wrong and corrected:
Mailuser can now no longer see the list of domains in the top right. However, mailuser (Spamfilter) CAN see all the lists of domains. Can this be fixed?

Last edited:
Hello,

Could you maybe show the problem with a screenshot? I am not completely getting where you see a list of domains...

Regards

Hello,

Could you maybe show the problem with a screenshot? I am not completely getting where you see a list of domains...

Regards

I am having the same issue, you can read more about it in the following post
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=453578

So others have a better idea of what is going on, I will include an image below.

The image shows the view of a user who is ONLY granted permission to create e-mails for ONE domain. While functionality seems to be limited to the proper domain, unfortunately they can hover over the subscription drop down box in the upper right hand corner and see ALL the domain names on the VPS account (the domain names are blurred for obvious reasons). In addition, should that very limited user click the "User" tab, he can see and e-mail ALL the users from ALL the domains on the VPS account.

plesk1a.gif

Back