• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mailbox size limit BUG

NikolayA

New Pleskian
Hi,
I use web admin edition.
In 12.5 mailbox size is unlimited. This is ok.
Now i do migration to Onyx and it have mailbox size limit at 100Mb.
In the /etc/postfix/main.cf:
mailbox_size_limit = 0

How i can fix this bug?

Last edited:
Hi NikolayA,

How i can fix this bug?
*lol* ... why should a setting be declared as a BUG???

Be aware, that you have different settings: global ( server-wide ) / service/hosting plan / subscription plan

Global ( server-wide ) mail - server settings can be set as for example at:
=> Home > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings ( here you can set a server-wide "Maximum message size" )

Service/hosting plan
settings can be set as for example at:
=> Home > Service Plans > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-NAME > (tab) Resources ( here you can set a service/hosting plan specific "Mailbox size" )

Subscription plan settings can be set as for example at:
=> Home > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > (tab) Mail > (tab) Mail Settings > (tab) Email addresses - pls. click on the specific configured eMail - address ( here you can set an eMail - address specific "Mailbox size" )​

Hi NikolayA,

now let's see, what you setup for the subscription then:

Command to use over the SSH command line ( logged in as user "root" ):
Code:
Connect to your database - server, using the database "PSA":

plesk db

Query the PSA - database with for example:

SELECT domains.id, domains.name AS DOMAIN_NAME, mail.mail_name AS eMail_ADDRESS_NAME, Limits.value AS DOMAIN_quota, mail.mbox_quota AS MBOX_quota from Limits, clients, domains, mail, Subscriptions, SubscriptionProperties WHERE mail.postbox='true' AND limit_name = 'mbox_quota' AND mail.dom_id = domains.id AND clients.id = domains.cl_id AND Subscriptions.id=SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id AND Subscriptions.object_type='domain' AND object_id=domains.id AND SubscriptionProperties.name = 'limitsID' AND SubscriptionProperties.value = Limits.id ORDER BY domains.name ASC;

Thanks for a idea.
I did fix quotas in "psa" db, table "Limits". Parameters "mbox_quota".
But i still thinking that is a bug - in my plesk 12.5 installation i have unlimited size of mailboxes, but then i did migration - all mailboxes shrinked to 100MB.

Last edited:
This => plesk bin subscription --switch-subscription example.com -service-plan Unlimited fixes the issue (log in to your server via SSH).

Migrating a 12.5 install to an Onyx install restricts both email storage and bandwidth on all domains. The command above removed the restrictions, per domain, to everything unlimited.

Check the 'statistics' tab and you should see the limitations removed and UNLIMITED has been restored.

Sorry but i think somethign is working bad in plesk limits. Then, could be a "bug"
I´m using Plesk Obsidian V 18.0.25 #2

I´m trying to change the default email size limit (set at 1GB) and is IMPOSSIBLE.

I´ve tried to update the subscription settings for a domain name :

# plesk bin subscription_settings --update domainname.com -mbox_quota 5G
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Cannot set limit 'mbox_quota' value to '5368709120': Unable to allocate the required amount of resources (5 GB Mailbox size). Only 1 GB Mailbox size are available.

exit status 1

I´ve also tried modifying the mbox_quota value for the domain (searching by ID) in the PSA database to 5GB.. it cahcnged but in plesk GUI never show the new value neither.

Someone knows any way to change the DEFAULT AT SERVER WIDE LEVEL for the mbox_quota to unlimited, so, we can manage the limits thru subscriptions, and plans ?

Thanks
Fabian

Back