• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailbox unavailable or not local

M

marquis.soft

Hi

I am hosting a domain where the mail server is with another host. I have set the MX record to their server name and I have the mail.<domain> A record set to their server IP. When I send email to an address on this domain from my gmail account the emails is succesfully received by the recipient. When I send and email to an address on this domain from an email address hosted on my server an undeliverable message is returned from MailEnable:

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

hi,

Disable mail service on this domain. (domain . mail . disable)

When trying to send email from accounts on domain blah.com to other accounts on the same domain, the following message appears:

"unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25"

Sending from itself to itself, we got this message:

"unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: Invalid response code received from server"

Also, when sending from gmail to [email protected] we are receiving this bounced message:

PERM_FAILURE: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local (state 14).

The account existed in the Plesk panel, though.

We "disabled" and then "re-enabled" the mail service for the domain.

We also tried restarting these services on Plesk, from Server > Services management:

MailEnable List Connector
MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent
MailEnable POP Service
MailEnable Postoffice Connector
MailEnable SMTP Connector

However, the message still appeared.

On the server itself, we checked on MailEnable Administrator / Messaging Manager, and the service seemed to be running.

We contacted Plesk and they let us know that bounce messages like "550 Requested Not Action: mailbox unavailable or is not local" indicate that the recipient specified in the RCPT command is not locally hosted on the server and relaying options prevent the message being forwarded to the recipient.

They checked the domain name resolving and made sure it resolved correctly. They agreed that the mailbox existed correctly on the server.

They determined that the Plesk database was not synchronized with the MailEnable settings.

To resync it, they ran the following utility:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mchk --all --fix=all

After that the messages were delivered succesfully.

Please note, this command could remove all customizations (if any) in MailEnable, only the settings from Plesk CP exist after running the command.

Hi...

This is Himanshu Kumar Pant from eWebGuru.com, I got "mailbox unavailable or not local" issue in my domains who are using Google apps, After long search I just disable mail server for this domain and this issue resolved. I hope this answer will help you to resolve same issues

Thanks
Himanshu Kumar Pant
eWebGuru.com
Reliable web hosting
http://www.ewebguru.com

Temka . ..

You answer:
Disable mail service on this domain. (domain . mail . disable)
Was a success... but in 10.4.4 it is placed different: Home>Subscriptions>your_domain>mail>Change settings
Thanks for advice!

Back