• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue mailbox unusable due to "ö"

Olaf Kapinski

New Pleskian
Hi
I added an Alias called "löschen" to a mailbox. Now the whole mailbox is unusable :(

I can't change anything, error = "mailmng-core failed: mailmng[21952]: Session mail DB info parsing error: Invalid or unsupported Unicode character or escape sequence found in string. UTF8 encoded characters and '\u' escape sequences are not supported. Error occured at offset 842, character '\'.
Fatal error: std::runtime_error(Failed to read and parse session mail data from STDIN. See mail log for details.) "
Anyone any idea how to fit this ? I need at least change tha damn password

Thanks
OLAF

AFAIK the use of non-ASCII characters in the local part of an email address is valid, but at this time the majority of popular email clients do not allow an address to be created with a non-ASCII character. For this reason, the support for sending to this type of email address has not been widely adopted.

Last edited:
I know. But the whole mailbox now is unusable!!
Additionally: IF this is sooo unusual, THEN please don't let me add this in the first place. Now Plesk trashed my whole mailbox :(

Back