• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable - mail service disable

ViaHosting

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have two server.
The first one, Linux. It's just used as mailserver.
The second one, Windows. This one is used to websites.

The problem is that even if i disable the Domain Mail Service, from Plesk or at command line, it keeps the domain configuration at MailEnable as Enabled.

When i try to send a message from a website form, i receive the following message:

"MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Recipient: [SMTP:"xxx" <[email protected]]
Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)"

You are getting that error because ME is trying to deliver the mail locally if you are trying to send the mail to domains that have mail setup on the webserver.

The solution here is to disable mail in Plesk for all domains on the web server and set your scripts to use the linux server to send mail (or directly use the linux server to send mail). You can specify the mail server's IP address on most mailer components.

I can't disable mail at all.
I have some domains that uses this server as mail server.

The problem is: Plesk isn't doing his job fine.

If i disable mail service for a certain domain, Plesk should disable the ME for this domain.

Is the any command line do enable/disable domains at ME ?

My Regards,
Alexandre Barbosa

You can disable mail for a single domain through Plesk: click on it >> go to mail >> click disable.

You can disable mail for multiple domains at once through the Group Operations feature: select all the domain you want to have mail disabled in Plesk >> click Group Operations >> set Mail to 'disabled' in the services section.

You can also disable mail for certain domains using the command line:
- to disable mail:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mailmng.exe --turn-off-domain --domain-name=domain.com

- to enable mail:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mailmng.exe --turn-on-domain --domain-name=domain.com

Please note that C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin may vary, depending where you installed Plesk and can be replaced by %plesk_bin%.

It didn't work.

1) I had executed the following command.
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mailmng.exe --turn-off-domain --domain-name=domain.com

2) At MailEnable Management -> Post Offices
The domain remain listed with "Enable" status.

3) I tried the command
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mailmng.exe --remove-domain --domain-name=domain.com

4) At MailEnable Management -> Post Offices
The domain is not listed.

I could not find a command to just Disable the Post Office.

Conclusion:
The Plesk command isn't disabling the domain post office. This causes MailEnable to delivery messages local.

Your forgetting to make sure your MX record for that domain is pointing to the proper mailserver. Even if you disable mail for a domain your still using the DNS server for MX lookups. As long as you leave the default mail.x.com for the mx and it points locally, Mailenble HAS to respond.

This isnt a fault in Plesk. This is a misconfiguration on your end.

Let me know how it goes.

-ren

The DNS service is disable at both servers.

I run DNS at an other server and its pointing MX to the correct place.

I am having this problem too, only with hMailServer.

I disabled mail on a domain but the domain

I disabled DNS on the domain (it's hosted elsewhere)

The domain is still installed in hMailServer but is instead set to inactive. This doesn't turn off mail, it disables the acceptance of mail only. This means that anytime that mail is sent to the domain in question through this SMTP server, it rejects the message instead of queuing it up and forwarding it to the correct server.

THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH PLESK. It should allow us to completely remove mail from a domain's services. This is a normal configuration and should not be hard to implement.

Thanks,
John Hamilton

Back