• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailenable: mailbox unavailable

J

jruzvidzo

Over the last couple of days I've had a problem where Plesk seems to lose some configuration information.

Firstly, the default documents seem to be reset for all my web sites, which is not a trainsmash in itself as I can always change them back (I'm mostly running ColdFusion, so index.cfm has to be first).

The real problem is when mailenable refuses to accept mail. Any mail, for any user in any domain. It gives the error: 450 Requested mail action not
taken: mailbox unavailable

Now, these mailboxes do exist, and POP mail retrieval works, but the server just bounces incoming mail regardless of source.

These two issues are tied together, that's why I think Plesk's doing something, because when one occurs, it's sure the other is happening as well. The only way I can resolve this is to restore a backup I did recently, and mail seems to get back to normal. The mail in the mailboxes is not lost, so I believe this restore just redoes some configuration/permissions of some sort.

Has anyone else experienced this (or a similar) problem?

Oh, and another thing, Horde doesn't seem to work any more. Error: - Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered incorrectly.

Help

Back