• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable Professional...Anyone?

J

jp_andino

I would like to know, if there's anyone who has installed MailEnable Pro on Plesk 7. I thinking in adding it but I would like to know if works good with Plesk 7 before I get it.

I need a better web based email interface for my clients and horde just don't do it because it lack many features. I would like to now any other alternatives if there's one besides MailEnable Pro. Thanks!

here's the steps needed to replace IMP with ME Pro Webmail:
Code:
1. go to Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups
2. set password to user account IME_USER
3. go to IIS Manager
4. select site  "imp(mail)"
5. open "imp(mail)" Properties dialog
6. go to tab Home Directory and set it to <MailEnable Path>\Bin\WebMail
7. go to tab Directory Security and set IME_USER as anonymous
8. create MEWebMail virtual directory for folder <MailEnable
Path>\Bin\WebMail under "imp(mail)"

if you want to logon as user/password (by default you must logon as
user@domain/password), you should replace line 133:

oLogin.UserName = Request("UserID")

in <MailEnable Path>\Bin\WebMail\base\default\lang\EN\login.asp with

UserID = Request("UserID")
If InStr(1,UserID,"@") = 0 Then
      ' user & hostname
      SiteName = GetSiteName()
      If InStr(1,LCase(SiteName),"webmail.") = 1 Then
                  UserID = UserID & "@" &
Right(SiteName,Len(SiteName)-Len("webmail."))
      End If
End If
oLogin.UserName = UserID

MailEnable Prof. Installation Problem

Hello
I have a problem to with the MailEnable Prof. how can i upgrade MailEnable Standard to Prof. on the Plesk Server. Have someone a Installation Guide. I have done it manually and now i can't remove existing mailboxes and domains. i also can't connect to any new mailbox with the webmail from mailenable. have anyone a idea?

Originally posted by jaytee
here's the steps needed to replace IMP with ME Pro Webmail:
Code:
1. go to Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups
2. set password to user account IME_USER
3. go to IIS Manager
4. select site  "imp(mail)"
7. go to tab Directory Security and set IME_USER as anonymous
8. create MEWebMail virtual directory for folder <MailEnable
Path>\Bin\WebMail under "imp(mail)"

if you want to logon as user/password (by default you must logon as
user@domain/password), you should replace line 133:

oLogin.UserName = Request("UserID")

in <MailEnable Path>\Bin\WebMail\base\default\lang\EN\login.asp with

UserID = Request("UserID")
If InStr(1,UserID,"@") = 0 Then
      ' user & hostname
      SiteName = GetSiteName()
      If InStr(1,LCase(SiteName),"webmail.") = 1 Then
                  UserID = UserID & "@" &
Right(SiteName,Len(SiteName)-Len("webmail."))
      End If
End If
oLogin.UserName = UserID
\

I cant seem to get past step 6 on this howto:
In the local path is says \imp, but its greyed out. I cant figure out how to change this. Can anybody help?

on the point 6 you must go to the horde not to the imp to make the changes.

Did anybody else get this to work. Neither horde nor ME are coming up now after following this how-to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

hello jahsh420

1. you install plesk 7 normally with mailenable standard
2. you install mailenable professional
3. follow the instruction from jaytee and replace ipm directory with horde directory

i think that's all. i do it so and all is ok. my server is working well and the mailenable prof. is running too. on the mailenable site it has under the beta version of mailenable enterprise a imap4 software. it works with mailenable prof.

Originally posted by blueboy
hello jahsh420

1. you install plesk 7 normally with mailenable standard
2. you install mailenable professional
3. follow the instruction from jaytee and replace ipm directory with horde directory

i think that's all. i do it so and all is ok. my server is working well and the mailenable prof. is running too. on the mailenable site it has under the beta version of mailenable enterprise a imap4 software. it works with mailenable prof.
I don't really undestand the replace imp with horde directory. This is where I think I made a mistake because now I just get a page cant be displayed. I am going to reinstall ME Pro right now and start over. Will this mess anything up for existing domains?

Ok I got this working, but this only works for new domains. I am unable to add any mail users to existing domains, I cant even delete existing domains to reinstall them so that it works. Here is the error I get when trying to add a mail name to existing domain:

"unable to add new mail name: Cant configure mailserver: mailmng failed: Run-Time error: There are no domains for post office:devinespirit.com

Here is the error I get when trying to delete the domain to start over:
"Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to turn domain OFF: domainmng failed: Run-Time error: Execute websrvmng - stop-vhost"-vhost-name=domain.com" failed: Run-Time Error: Site domain.com doesn't exist" 1

Can anybody help me get it so these domains have functioning email like the new domains that get added? Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same issue, I've upgraded and now my domains aren't there! I thought that PLESK & was supposed to SUPPORT Mail Enable Pro??

Any Solution Yet?

I am considering MailEnable Pro, however I have existing domains already configured in Plesk 7.

The issues described by jahsh420:
Ok I got this working, but this only works for new domains. I am unable to add any mail users to existing domains, I cant even delete existing domains to reinstall them so that it works.
are clearly indicating that this is not going to be an option.

I have 2 Questions:
  1. Has anyone with existing domains configured been able to successfully upgrade to MailEnable Pro?
  2. jahsh420 have you been able to resolve your issues?
    [/list=1]Thanks in advance!

sorry for the delayed response. yes we were able to get this working with existin domains with the help of PLesk. here is their reponse:

I've executed c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\mchk to restore mail configuration and was able to add new mail name [email protected].

Also I've executed c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng --reconfigure-all to make full IIS reconfiguration with plesk database. Then I've created test domain and was able to delete it without any problems.
So, problem has been fixed. Please check.

This would just mean the WebMail folder listed in the IIS?
4. select site "imp(mail)"

I dont have anything named imp(mail)
lil on the newbie side so bare with me please ;)

Then after I make all the changes I need to run these 2 programs to make all old site work with this:
c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\mchk to restore mail configuration
Then
c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng --reconfigure-all to make full IIS reconfiguration with plesk database

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Dubie

Is it possible to install ME Pro Webmail at another location? Example: webmail.domain.com/mepro.....?

Originally posted by Laurence
Is it possible to install ME Pro Webmail at another location? Example: webmail.domain.com/mepro.....?
Dont see why not ;) Just create a Virtual Dir to link to the "bin\webmail" folder under the ME folder.

Cant try this as we only have the Pro version on Ensim at the moment :eek:

Back