• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailenable Settings

A

alldirections

I have created a simple asp script that uses CDO to send emails. One of the parameters in this script is the mailhost. If I define one of my domains hosted on the server as the mailhost, the script works fine. But I now have noticed that I can use this scirpt by calling it from a webform on a different server. This means that anybody can use it to send emails. I don't want this and I am sure that it can be configured in Plesk or in Mailenable. I suppose that I have to define that mails only may be send if the request is comming from one of the IP-addresses of my own server.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you

I'm amazed at how long some of these easy questions go unanswered.

Go into the mail enable administrator. Click on Connectors under servers. Right click SMTP. Hit the relay tab. Check allow mail relay and check allow relay for priviledged IP ranges. Deny relay rights for everyone except 127.0.0.1 and any other IP's you have set on your server.

You should also have allow relay for authenticated senders checked. Mailenable/integrated authentication. This will require all your users to have smtp authentication setup in their mail client.

Do these 2 things and you'll keep your server off the blacklists.

-emmet

Thanks.
It works fine now.

Nice to know that somebody takes the time to answer the easy questions too.
As you will know. They are only easy when you know the answer.

Marcel

Back