• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailenable Webmail

N

ntranced

Using Plesk 7.5 for WIndows and Mailenable Pro. Mailenable works fine, everything seems ok but Plesk doesnt seem to be creating a virtual directory for webmail (e.g. if users site is www.user.com then there is a virtual dir created called /webmail which allows www.user.com/webmail to access the mailenable webmail).

Although Plesk is adding a DNS A entry for webmail.user.com this doesnt work and just gives a 404/bad host requested. Have I gone wrong somewhere?

Plesk creates vhost in IIS called webmail(default) with settings for all domains (Wed Sites - webmail- properties - web site - advanced). The commonly used application is HORDE, but there is an opportunity to use MailEnable`s webmail client.
So there is no need to create separate vhosts for each domain.
When you are entering webmail.domain.com you are getting HORDE`s login screen. I think it is much better to use this type then creating subdomain for each webmail app for each domain. Just imagine that your server is hosting 200 - 300 domains - what a mess will be then with sites, domains and subdomains!

You can use meinstaller.exe utility (Mail Enable\bin) to repair your webmail settings, but select from list webmail(default) only.
P.S. and do not repair anything except ME webmail - it's dangerous.

Back