1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Mailing lists Vs Mailing Groups (Urgent).

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by rubensans, Feb 7, 2005.

1. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Hello can someone explain me the difence between mailing lists and mailing groups?

I have search in plesk web and documentation but don't see any info.

Thanks,

Ruben.

2. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Why the mailing groups is limited to 8 users?

Best Regards.

3. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Pardon is 10 users.

The error says:

" Unable to add mail group member: mailmng failed; unfortunately, the current version of control panel has limit on amount of mail groups on a single mail name can be subscribed to. "

4. superm0nk

superm0nk Guest

Unfortunaltey, as the error points out, an address can only be subscribed to one group. For example:

I have two mailboxes setup, superm0nk@domain.com and fred@domain.com.

I want two groups, support@domain.com and abuse@domain.com and I want both users (fred and superm0nk) in both groups. However, each user can only be assigned to one group.

5. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Then I sould use mailing list?

I have try and the limit of each group is 10 diferent mail @; the error that it gives is the same.

This is a restriction of plesk or mailenable? will it solve it upgrading to pro?

Best Regards.

6. alex042

alex042 Guest

I havent had any problems with this. For example, I was able to setup 5 different mailgroups and subscribe the same email address to all 5 groups.

One of the things that makes them different are the options. With a mailgroup, the admin assigns the addresses whereas with mailing lists, people can opt in, opt out, manage their own subscriptions, it maintains more info on subscriptions, etc. A mailgroup is just a list of addresses to replicate mail to, thats about it.

7. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Then If I'm understanting it, a mailgroup is like doing multiple redirects, isn't it?

Best Regards.

Ruben.