• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailing lists Vs Mailing Groups (Urgent).

R

rubensans

Hello can someone explain me the difence between mailing lists and mailing groups?

I have search in plesk web and documentation but don't see any info.

Thanks,

Ruben.

Why the mailing groups is limited to 8 users?

Best Regards.

Pardon is 10 users.

The error says:

" Unable to add mail group member: mailmng failed; unfortunately, the current version of control panel has limit on amount of mail groups on a single mail name can be subscribed to. "

Then I sould use mailing list?

I have try and the limit of each group is 10 diferent mail @; the error that it gives is the same.

This is a restriction of plesk or mailenable? will it solve it upgrading to pro?

Best Regards.

I want two groups, [email protected] and [email protected] and I want both users (fred and superm0nk) in both groups. However, each user can only be assigned to one group.
I havent had any problems with this. For example, I was able to setup 5 different mailgroups and subscribe the same email address to all 5 groups.

One of the things that makes them different are the options. With a mailgroup, the admin assigns the addresses whereas with mailing lists, people can opt in, opt out, manage their own subscriptions, it maintains more info on subscriptions, etc. A mailgroup is just a list of addresses to replicate mail to, thats about it.

Then If I'm understanting it, a mailgroup is like doing multiple redirects, isn't it?

Best Regards.

Ruben.

Back