1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mailman Duplicate List Name

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by eklug, Sep 28, 2005.

1. eklug

eklug Guest

Hello,

Plesk 7.5.3-fc2.build75050506.13, Fedora 2, running in a virtual server environment, mailman-2.1.5-10.fc2.

I was setting up a list for a domain and got the error: "Create new mailing list. Mailing list already exists."

There is another domain that has that same list name. I did not have this issue with CPanel. Is this the way it is? Or maybe I have a server configuration issue?

Thanks.

2. Whistler

Whistler Guest

This is one of the few really annoying things about Plesk - even though it's not neccesary, it keeps the mailinglist in a global scope on the server.

Meaning - you can only use a mailinglist name once on your entire server. So remember to take all the mailinglists names you wan't to use yourself before allowing customers to pick the names they want :)

3. eklug

eklug Guest

Thanks for the info.

I have had really bad luck in the past with CPanel, so if that is the only issue I have with Plesk...well I will be very happy.

Thanks...

4. SlinkeY

SlinkeY Guest

Is there no fix for this problem? This is a very big problem for me..

5. LegolasTheElf

LegolasTheElf Basic Pleskian

57%
    for mee too: no one changes at now?