• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman Duplicate List Name

E

eklug

Hello,

Plesk 7.5.3-fc2.build75050506.13, Fedora 2, running in a virtual server environment, mailman-2.1.5-10.fc2.

I was setting up a list for a domain and got the error: "Create new mailing list. Mailing list already exists."

There is another domain that has that same list name. I did not have this issue with CPanel. Is this the way it is? Or maybe I have a server configuration issue?

Thanks.

This is one of the few really annoying things about Plesk - even though it's not neccesary, it keeps the mailinglist in a global scope on the server.

Meaning - you can only use a mailinglist name once on your entire server. So remember to take all the mailinglists names you wan't to use yourself before allowing customers to pick the names they want :)

Thanks for the info.

I have had really bad luck in the past with CPanel, so if that is the only issue I have with Plesk...well I will be very happy.

Thanks...

Is there no fix for this problem? This is a very big problem for me..

Back