• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mailman3 add superuser for manage list

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 #2
Hello,

As I can read here:

To configurate the mailing list you can access to:

https://lists.<your Plesk server hostname>/mailman3/admin/mailman (it's mailman3 not mailman, the help is incorrect)

But, I don´t know what is the user and the password. So you can run via shell this command (as you can read here) :

python3 manage.py createsuperuser

To create a new superuser. But you have to run it from the folder manage.py is to work (as you can read here) So the question is. Where I have to run this command in the plesk server exactly? Where is django installed? Where is the file manage.py?

Thank you

@SalvadorS, the documentation contains two instructions (mailman2 and mailman3), you need to follow steps from the "(Plesk for Linux) Managing Mailing Lists / To log in to the Mailman 3 web interface:" section.

The long story short, to get an Admin account into the mailman web-interface, you need to "Sign up" and use the email address that was specified as Admin's email during maillist creating process.

I have received an answer from a developer, let me know if it does not help.
A superuser could be created with `mailman-web createsuperuser` command, during the first login, an email should be confirmed. The documentation page contains more details.

Back