• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Mailman Duplicate List Name

E

eklug

Guest
Hello,

Plesk 7.5.3-fc2.build75050506.13, Fedora 2, running in a virtual server environment, mailman-2.1.5-10.fc2.

I was setting up a list for a domain and got the error: "Create new mailing list. Mailing list already exists."

There is another domain that has that same list name. I did not have this issue with CPanel. Is this the way it is? Or maybe I have a server configuration issue?

Thanks.
 
This is one of the few really annoying things about Plesk - even though it's not neccesary, it keeps the mailinglist in a global scope on the server.

Meaning - you can only use a mailinglist name once on your entire server. So remember to take all the mailinglists names you wan't to use yourself before allowing customers to pick the names they want :)
 
Thanks for the info.

I have had really bad luck in the past with CPanel, so if that is the only issue I have with Plesk...well I will be very happy.

Thanks...
 
Is there no fix for this problem? This is a very big problem for me..
 
Back
Top