• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mailman + nginx proxy mode off

Matt M

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've disabled nginx proxy mode on one of my domains. In other words, nginx serves all requests directly, without going through Apache. This has broken mailman. Now when I try to access https://lists.domain.com/mailman/admin/listname, the server returns the home page of domain.com. If I re-enable proxy mode, the issue is fixed. I've tried googling this issue but haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Last edited:
Nginx does not support Apache .htaccess rewrites. You need to convert all rewrite rules and settings and enter them as additional Nginx rules into the Nginx configuration. Else some paths or file cannot be accessed as the path is not rewritten.

I understand this. I just figured that since I was using two standard Plesk features -- nginx and Mailman -- someone might already have come up against this issue.

Back