• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman problem

ylon

Basic Pleskian
I set up mailman for a customer to use for a mailing list and then they informed me that they are not wanting to allow members to mail each other, they simply want to issue mailings and allow members to e-mail administration and of course subscribe and unsubscribe from the list.

Is mailman capable of doing this or is there a better solution out there for managing these types of lists?

Set up the list to be moderated... and members_post_only in the Membership Management section - that will at least keep any unwanted messages off the list...

OK, thanks much I'm getting nearly there but the customer is now requesting a couple more items that are stumping me with mailman.

First, they don't want their list members to have to remember passwords or even be prompted to enter a password when signing up, basically they want them to be able to sign up and sign off with no other options. Is there a way to properly set mailman up to function in this manner?

Also, they've given me a huge (>250,000) list of members of their list previously and they want me to insert this into the list since they are moving service providers (the previous one started spamming their list and they can't have that type of junk going on with their members) to import. Mailman has had an "internal error" each time so far when I've tried to upload the list of addresses. What is the proper way of inserting such high numbers of previous subscribers? I am thinking that I'll probably have to divide the list up into smaller chunks, but don't even know what the max size that mailman will accept.

Thanks again!

Back