1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mailmng.exe SOAP failed

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by JeffT, Jul 17, 2009.

1. JeffT

JeffT Guest

I am migrating sites from 8.1.1 Plesk to 9.2 Plesk and last night I had a rash of Smartermail mailboxes which did not move properly. Besides that fact that the mailbox was not created on the destination server, what exactly does this error mean?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: mailmng.exe
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1
    Date: 7/16/2009
    Time: 9:28:55 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:
    SOAP failed. Failed in sending message
    at (SmarterMail::checkResult line 175)
    at execute console command --add-mailname(vconsoleapp::start line 129)
    at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/mailmng" --add-mailname "--domain-name=domain.com" "--mailname=mailbox"(vconsoleapp::run line 140)
    Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\mailmng.exe

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello,

If any change to mail server configuration using Plesk control panel results in the following error message:

SOAP failed. Failed in sending message at (SmarterMail::checkResult line 175)

It usually means that the SmarterMail Web Server is stopped. Please, make sure that it is started. More information can be found at the following link:

http://kb.odin.com/en/1437

Thank you

3. JeffT

JeffT Guest

I checked and the Smartermail Web Server was running. If the Smartermail Web Server was not running, my phone would be ringing off the hook.

What seems to have corrected the issue is from Home/Server Components and selecting Refresh.

I did a test migration of a domain and it did migrate (like it did before this error).

4. JeffT

JeffT Guest

Upon further review, this did not correct the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.