• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mailserver configuration to comply to Office 265

Nicola Urbinati

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We have problems complying to Office 365. When we send emals from our Plesk server, it returns something like this:

<[email protected]>: host print24-it.mail.protection.outlook.com[104.47.10.36]
said: 550 5.7.606 Access denied, banned sending IP [207.180.243.98]. To
request removal from this list please visit Delist IP - Delist IP and
follow the directions. For more information please go to
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=526655 (AS16012609) (in reply to
RCPT TO command)

the sender.office.com portal doesn't seem to work, as we do not receive the confirmation email.

Anyone knows how to set Plesk mailserver to comply and let Microsoft domains receive our emails?

All other mayor mail services (Google, Yahoo, ...) are not arising any problem.

Thank you.

Their error specifically states that that the IP was blacklisted, with delist instructions, so the immediate reason for not being able to send mail is obvious. I don't think there's an expiry date on these entries, or at least not such that you'd want to wait for, so I'd strongly suggest following their delist instructions. The confirmation mail should be sent, if you're not receiving one, try using a mailbox on a completely different system. Perhaps even a Hotmail / Outlook.live.com account if you have one...

There could be several different reasons why the IP got blacklisted. Have you had this IP for long? If not, the previous user could be the culprit The other reason could be in the mail contents and the volume of the mail your server is sending out.

As for your mail server's setup, as long as it is correctly set up in general, including the rDNS and PTR, it should be enough. I did a quick lookup and the setup seems fine.

Back