• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make a domain admin access account in plesk 10 like plesk 9 domain adminstrator

humpy

Basic Pleskian
I have upgraded to plesk 10, and all the accounts moved over to the new " subscription" system.. I have read the ver 10 docs until my eyes bled, but I just cannot see how to enable a user account to access only their domain to control emails etc like the old " Domain Administrator" account in ver 9. I can understand how they are now disabled after upgrade, as if the account is enabled, they can see and change any of the domains listed under the " customer" ...

I looked into users permissions, and it said i could enable them to " domain admin" for a single domain from the list of domains involved.. Perfect I thought! but access via that account once enabled , they could still see all domains..

I am stumped on what to do, the old system was straight forward,, this has got me totally stumped...!

I then thought.. Ok, ill upgrade "customers" that were created from upgrade, to resellers, and simply make as many new customers as needed under a reseller. so that each customer can only access the one ( or 2 etc ) domains they own....

It says in the docs "you can upgrade a customer to reseller", but doesnt tell you how to do this, and I cant that option anywhere in the panel.

I then thought to create a new resller account and transfer subscriptions to it to get around this.. however, this cannot be done, as the reseller account info matches a pre- existing user info on server ( of course), and so wont allow me to make a new account...!

Can some one please point me in the right direction,!

To recap,-- I need help on making a user account to also be a single domain management account, ie and account that only sees and controls the ONE domain associated with it, and without wiping out the users existing email account etc, as currently all active user accounts are simply defaulted as a " mail user" only..

many thanks in advance...

From Small Business Panel we have an inherited Users & Roles. (Service users)
Domain Administrators and Mail Users are migrated to Service users.
More details you can find in Plesk documentation.

Hi i cant find any service users in the customer and business manager, only an option to add customers, and i dont wish to use plesk billing as i already use an existing package, as adding cusomers there would generate double invoices?

Once again. Domain Admin user (also known as Domain User). They are replaced by SMB-like users/roles model in Plesk Panel 10.x. More details in Plesk documentation.

Hi IgorG..
Im sorry but it may appear simple from your side, but I cannot see what you are talking about,, can you please post a direct link to the relevant sections in docs , I have read pretty much every doc that there is on ver 10 and am still none the wiser regarding this point.. as far as I can understand you as saying to use the business panel to create customers ? , please note i commented ealrlier " Hi i cant find any service users in the customer and business manager, only an option to add customers, and i dont wish to use plesk billing as i already use an existing package, as adding cusomers there would generate double invoices"
I really am trying not to appear looking stupid, and I have read lots of the docs, but I seem to be missing reading the section you are refering to..
many thnaks

Go to Subscriptions and then click to "Control Panel". In tab "Users" you can create/configure user accounts and user roles as you want. You can create accounts with necessary privileges.

But how can i set the (admin)-user to restrict access to other DOMAINS of the same customer?

My scenario:
I have a customer with two subscriptions (domains). I opened the plesk panel for the customer and selected the domain i want to edit (in the upper right corner appears a dropdown-menu "subscriptions"). In the "user"-tab i created a new user role called "admin" (grant to "Manage users and roles","View statistics","Create and manage mail accounts","Create and manage mailing lists") and a new user called "[email protected]" with the new admin-role.
When i log in to the panel with this new user "[email protected]" i can select the subscriptions (upper right corner) as well, AND i can edit users of the other domain, which i want to avoid...

I am having the exact same problem. And I can't add a new customer without a domain.. or a new subscription...

Thanks for complicating the heck out of it Parallels.

Likewise. I created another post about it before seeing this one ... my bad.

Seeing how there are many users who are confused by this, perhaps you could be a little more helpful than to say "RTFM"...

ok, I'm in the exact same position. I got to the user accounts and roles section by myself, but I can't see how to restrict an account to a single domain.

Has anyone found the solution to this?

An a comment abou the user manual... user manuals are good to get a deeper understatnding on how things work. But simple matters, like the one we are distussing, should be self explaining. Especially for advanced users. This is not the case with plesk 10

You need to create a user for the domain. At this time this can only be done through the CLI (/usr/local/psa/client -h) but I just heard from Plesk that they are going to fix the "add new subscription" control panel interface to allow adding a new subscription without adding a new domain.

I have upgraded to plesk 10, and all the accounts moved over to the new " subscription" system.. I have read the ver 10 docs until my eyes bled, but I just cannot see how to enable a user account to access only their domain to control emails etc like the old " Domain Administrator" account in ver 9. I can understand how they are now disabled after upgrade, as if the account is enabled, they can see and change any of the domains listed under the " customer" ...

I looked into users permissions, and it said i could enable them to " domain admin" for a single domain from the list of domains involved.. Perfect I thought! but access via that account once enabled , they could still see all domains..

I am stumped on what to do, the old system was straight forward,, this has got me totally stumped...!

I then thought.. Ok, ill upgrade "customers" that were created from upgrade, to resellers, and simply make as many new customers as needed under a reseller. so that each customer can only access the one ( or 2 etc ) domains they own....

It says in the docs "you can upgrade a customer to reseller", but doesnt tell you how to do this, and I cant that option anywhere in the panel.

I then thought to create a new resller account and transfer subscriptions to it to get around this.. however, this cannot be done, as the reseller account info matches a pre- existing user info on server ( of course), and so wont allow me to make a new account...!

Can some one please point me in the right direction,!

To recap,-- I need help on making a user account to also be a single domain management account, ie and account that only sees and controls the ONE domain associated with it, and without wiping out the users existing email account etc, as currently all active user accounts are simply defaulted as a " mail user" only..

many thanks in advance...

You should take a look at the plesk10-switching-administrator-guide from their support site for Plesk 10.

I just found this today. Your clients have been converted to customers and customers are who have panel logins.

You can convert your clients to the new reseller model by clicking the Customer link in the left of the panel. Then click on your customer. Once in the properties of your customer click the Apply Transition Theme button and you can convert the customer to a reseller. Any of your previous domain administrator accounts will then be converted to customers who will be able to login and manage just their domain.

You need to create a user for the domain. At this time this can only be done through the CLI (/usr/local/psa/client -h) but I just heard from Plesk that they are going to fix the "add new subscription" control panel interface to allow adding a new subscription without adding a new domain.

That is definitely needed. I need to create admin accounts for domains that didn't have admin accounts during the conversion to Customers. So now I can't create a customer without a domain and then link an existing domain to that customer. I guess I just thought I could create a new customer with a junk domain and then attach it....heh, that might just work. Off to test.

What "Apply Transition Theme" button? Don't see that in my panel where you specify.

Did you install new or do an upgrade? I upgraded from 8.6.

Upgraded from 9.5. This thing is completely screwing up the way I run my business. I now have customers logging in and getting access to all subscriptions and I have been reading all of the documentation and can't get these subscriptions changed to customers so I can isolate them. This new layout is pretty awful and they didn't build in any way to reorganize things on existing sites after migration since you have to create a new site to do anything. VERY poorly thought out. My host company (one of the biggest in the world) is even saying this is a very bad turn for the panel and suggested I consider moving to cPanel.

How did you have it setup before that customers would somehow have logins to other domains just with the upgrade. The upgrade manual shows how each unit is transitioned up the chain, ex. clients->resellers.

I don't know that jumping ship to cPanel is a good suggestion from your host. We moved from cPanel a couple years ago and won't be looking back. To each their own I guess.

Not sure what you are asking. Before, the clients were all isolated with their logins to just their domain / control panel. Now, all users, regardless of their permissions (even simple email only) can use the subscriptions window in the top right of their panel to access all other subscriptions on the server.

My upgrade to 10 blew up on me (as it did with countless others - check all the threads) and I had to run the command line bootstrap utility rebuild to fix it. That gave me no choices and it just turned all my domains into subscriptions under one customer.

My understanding is I need them each to be separate customers so their control panel access is isolated to only their domain, email, etc. Basically, it would be one subscription under each customer to achieve the same isolation I used to have in 9.x. by having domains under a client. So, the question is, how can I change all the subscriptions to customers without having to create a new domain that it requires? There doesn't seem to be any way to simply convert anything to anything.

Back