• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make a domain admin access account in plesk 10 like plesk 9 domain adminstrator

Just to be clear, it didn't do clients -> Resellers. It automatically did clients -> customers and client domains -> subscriptions under that customer. This allows all of the users under that customer to access all of the subscriptions. Not what was wanted and not good. Simply, I need to be able to change subscriptions into customers.

I've installed Plesk Business Manager, created Client, but I can't now add to his account the subscriptions! When I click on the "Add existed subscription" I only see the loading GIF and nothing else.

Tail of /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

2010-12-09 17:32:57: (mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 600 seconds exceeded in /opt/plesk-billing/lib-tk/include/xml/xml.php on line 328
2010-12-09 18:45:38: (mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /opt/plesk-billing/lib-db/QueryMaster.php on line 1768

What will I do? Allow PHP more memory usage?

IgorG, so what about solution of this problem?

Our hosting company is small, only 1500 domains, but we will lose a big part of our clients, if we make situation, where all domain admins can see all resources of ex-client (customer) account!

Can you explain, how to create user account, who can fully manage only ONE subscription of customer?

I inspected all docs, and cannot find exact solution! Yes, i can limit users, but limits is applied to access to all subscriptions! How customer can isolate user account, limiting it with only one subscription?

from what I understand, you have to create a Client and assign the subscription to that Client to have similar functionality as in Plesk 9.5. Of course, to create a Client you have also to create a new subscription, so what you really have to do is to create a the Client with a dummy subscription which you can later delete.

Really annoying and kind of stupid.

Part of the problem is this; if the "Client" already has an email address setup in the system Plesk will not allow you to create a new Client with the same email address. You simply get a "That user already exists" error. Not sure how to get around this and quite frankly I shouldn't have to "get around" it.

What about Power-user mode? The whole idea is to supply Power User with a panel not cluttered with Subscriptions, Service Plans and other related logic, but still providing full system/backend power of Plesk.

Anything, as long as I have full control over my server, domains and access.

What about Power-user mode? The whole idea is to supply Power User with a panel not cluttered with Subscriptions, Service Plans and other related logic, but still providing full system/backend power of Plesk.

and how to use resellers/clients/domain.admins with power-user mode?
Can you say clearly - the new Parallels Plesk Panel 10 is not supporting access rights restrictions, giving some users access to only certain subscriptions of client?

If supported - how to do this?
If not - why??

Many of our (and, I think, many others) clients are using domain admins for giving access to third party developers to install/setup/maintain certain sites. And clients need to have isolated developers of sites!

This feature is broken totally with new model? or no?

We cannot switch to Plesk 10, because it seems to be totally incompatible with existing resource isolation. Purchased SUS'es is totally useless from now...

We only have 3 licenses, but the problem became very noticeable to us. How does it solve the major hosting providers?

And the problem goes on...

And how about a costumer that owns for example 5 domains?
If this costumer gives his password to a developer, he is actually giving the acess to all his websites, the developer can then, mess everything on the other sites.
We just want domain administrator acess, that's all. Isolation. Simple.
Right now, to do this, you have to create a costumer per domain which is not pratical, because a costumer can have more than one website. Giving a control panel acess to a costumer per domain is not the way.
The mix between isolation of plesk 9 and Server wide acess to admin as it is in plesk 10 would be the match to everyone here I think. Right guys?

Well I have officially lost my first customer due to this unbelievable BULLSH*T.

Hey Luke;

Had to move my sites to another hosting service. (one that is not crippled by Plesk)

Please discontinue both *******.ca & ******.ca hosting, and cancel my account. All my files on your server are no longer needed.

Thanks for your help in the past.

Thanks a lot Parallels! I can only imagine more will start happening now.

Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have some very unhappy clients who have voiced their desire to leave if I don't "fix this problem". Great, I am supposed to fix the entire panel. I have also talked to most of my clients and there isn't a single one that doesn't hate, hate, HATE it. And I mean HATE it. To make it worse, I have used it and can't defend it at all. If I were a client, I would be leaving this thing too. What a disaster.

Found a work-around to transfer subscriptions to customer account and add domain admi

The only way I have found to correct the problem is to create a new customer with a fictitious domain name, then go back to the subs and transfer the subscription to the newly created account, then go back and delete the fake domain. You cannot set up the cust account with any email used in another user, so set up a gmail email to create each new customer, then after you do the transfer, delete the user with the gmail account before you can make another.

Time consuming and a waste of time but it is the only way I have found to separate the subscription accounts and give individual domain admin permissions to a single site. It works.

Also, be aware that after upgrading to version 10.x, that all spam settings are set to none, and any email accounts with forwards are lost, as are ALL auto-responders. Also, all of the filters with the auto-responders have been deleted and cannot be set back up again.

Do not attempt to create a customer in the business manager, as this will not allow the transfer of an existing subscription under any circumstances (tried them all). It will also try to lock out the domain, user and customer. I like the idea of the business manager, but I think it is only for new servers/accounts - do not try to migrate your old Plesk users as it will not work.

I'm assuming that Plesk and Igor have given up on this thread as there has been no response and they probably realize that they created a great big hole and fell in it. I guess version 11 will fix the issue. This is still a serious problem and it must be resolved. I have all of these domains that became subscriptions and there are all of these domain administrators who have access to multiple domains.

Feeling the same here. It seems the only way to avoid this fiasco is to convert all customers into resellers BEFORE the upgrade to Plesk 10 so they can manage multiple domains.
As a hosting company, we are feeling that Parallels let us down. It seems Plesk 10 was built around Small-business customer and VPS oriented, and does not meet our needs as a Hoster anymore.

Also, our customers rely on being able to manage their email settings via the Control Panel.
Now email users can not manage their own settings unless you create a panel users associated with their email address, and we can't allow an email user to see all other users.
So there will be no upgrading to Plesk 10 for us until this problem is fixed.

We even paid for a support ticket and had them escalate a request for a new feature to restrict the view for users who can't "Manage other users" so they are not presented with the User tab and can't view information about the other Panel users.

You can also report this as a BUG for free by emailing: [email protected]

Fran

did not like!.

not all have risked your Dashboard update, I'm two days trying to figure out what works for the webmaster administrate their panels. my limit has reached the end I gave up, I think is the Masters of paralle good return on the same model 9.X old, works perfectly. This will bring headaches for everyone.
Let's make the campaign for version 11 is the old model.

To be perfectly honest, from having rooted around the Plesk 10 model, I have a hard time yet seeing how a product can deviate that far from its old model, remove existing features as it moves along, and still be called by the same product name. It is like an attempt to on purpose chase away existing customers and only focus on a new and different market, using a totally different code base. (Although I have not yet figured out a market segment that would be able to accept that little security and so little separation between users. (Example: Multiple ftp users rolling on the same ID, email users seeing other user's information, subdomains with maybe totally different applications running (and the main domain) sharing login ids, ...)

I know the cost of developing the old features is theoretically sunk cost, and maybe should not play into the business case, but when existing customers expect the features contained in it, maybe its not such a good idea to throw it all away?

Maybe the code trees should have been separated. Old Plesk 9 separate out and stay "Plesk", go on its mery way towards incremental updates into a different Plesk 10, 11, 12, but following the old model.

And the current Plesk 10 could change it name and be offered to it's expected new customer base; Whatever it might be. (If someone figure that out, please tell me. :) )

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the many reasons we switched to cpanel, if someon is interested in a Plesk 10 unlimited licence please let me know we have ours for sale

Back