• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make a domain admin access account in plesk 10 like plesk 9 domain adminstrator

Password E-mail

I'm trying to change the password of my users and I can not find the option to exchange e-mail.
I created a fictitious user and changed the domain as customer after this with User admin could no longer change the password of any User. the option just disappeared! Can someone shed some light?

To be perfectly honest, from having rooted around the Plesk 10 model, I have a hard time yet seeing how a product can deviate that far from its old model, remove existing features as it moves along, and still be called by the same product name. It is like an attempt to on purpose chase away existing customers and only focus on a new and different market, using a totally different code base. (Although I have not yet figured out a market segment that would be able to accept that little security and so little separation between users. (Example: Multiple ftp users rolling on the same ID, email users seeing other user's information, subdomains with maybe totally different applications running (and the main domain) sharing login ids, ...)

I know the cost of developing the old features is theoretically sunk cost, and maybe should not play into the business case, but when existing customers expect the features contained in it, maybe its not such a good idea to throw it all away?

Maybe the code trees should have been separated. Old Plesk 9 separate out and stay "Plesk", go on its mery way towards incremental updates into a different Plesk 10, 11, 12, but following the old model.

And the current Plesk 10 could change it name and be offered to it's expected new customer base; Whatever it might be. (If someone figure that out, please tell me. :) )

:)

You're 100% right. This is not a new version, it's a new product. With the changed functionality and the bugs it really ought to be dumped and the Plesk line restored to 9.5 which is actually a really good control panel.

Ok guys the quick fix answer to this is..

Create a new customer with fake details.... then click on domains and select the domain you want to fix. Then change the subscriber of the domain to the fake domain. once transfered to the new subscriber you can set the log in panel details. PLEASE NOTE DO NOT USE THE DOMAIN NAME AS LOGIN OR IT WILL NOT WORK! if you use the domain as a login name it will revert to that stupid login panel with all the list of domains.

I have done this twice and it has work... It does not take long but if you have lots of domains, this will be painful... but you can transfer customers who are complaining

Note to plesk management - THIS IS A SECURITY RISK AND LOOKS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL - Please sort a good product

Glad this post got bumped back to the top, I am having the same painful problem and I am unsure how to proceed from where I am without having to dump all my sites, change DNS, reload, and recreate e-mails.

Here is my post, and any input would be greatly appreciated...

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=112446

Please don't hide in the sand.

Any idea where this "Featured bug" is going?

Anyone got a workaround on this?

On Dec 28, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ray Lightning asked ( still without any answer, comment, or feedback from parallels )

IgorG, so what about solution of this problem?

He came out with
What about Power-user mode? The whole idea is to supply Power User with a panel not cluttered with Subscriptions, Service Plans and other related logic, but still providing full system/backend power of Plesk.

I'm interested in this "power-user mode" if it can solve this issue that is ongoing for almost a full year.

Chop Chop People!

First of all I just want to say to everyone here - I feel your pain. I had a very thorough post written up, but I accidentally refreshed and lost it. So here goes the turbo version:

This security issue is NOT ACCEPTABLE, and if Parallel's doesn't address this immediately I recommend looking for alternatives.

Parallels : Igor, Et. Al.

If you would like to build a great product, here is what people need (IMHO) You can strip out the rest.

Login

Desktop with dashboard containing: favorite links, service status and server health, email queue status.

General (Clients and Domains) - lose the subscription model

System (Services, Server, Mail Server, Logout)

That is it, really, nothing else. As for functionality this is how most people work:

Create a customer that can see all his domains.

Create a domain admin that can only see his domain, and his domain only.

Web users, FTP Users and Mail Users.

IMPORTANT FEATURES PLESK NEEDS

The ability to restrict the amount of emails one account can send per day, either as a customer in total or as individual user. Very similar to how you assign the amount of space an email account has.

Would be nice to have the horde and mail functions merged, so that the vacation message can be more obvious to people.

Forget about plesk billing, you're going to lose all your customers because of this!

I just want to point out that I was going to recommend setting up customers as resellers and move the domains there, but the issue persists. I really hope Parallels understands that these are NOT SUPPORT REQUESTS, these are bugs. Such as when you migrate a client that doesn't have an hosting account but does have a forwarding address, it wont sync. When you change subscribers, you lose the domain administrator but if you search the database he is still there, and you cannot create nor delete him unless you do it from the phpmyadmin. Like this there are many issues that have to be immediately addressed.

We are customers, with real live accounts in production. This makes us look really bad! If you want to create a great product, may I recommend reading and replying to these posts, and giving us participation BEFORE a new version change is rolled out so that it can be tested. Plesk is one of the most expensive control panels out there and it deserves the right kind of attention.

Where can this be escalated to if these posts keep going unanswered? Paying for Parallel's support for issues like these is just throwing your money away as these are NOT, as I have said before, SUPPORT ISSUES! These are development faults that need to be remedied immediately!

Can anyone fill well-known template with all necessary details? Please summarize it there and I will forward it to development team for consideration.
Looking forward for filled template.

Bug report!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1 (currently installed)
Linux version 2.6.9-023stab051.2-smp (root@rhel4-64) (gcc version 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)) #1 SMP Thu Sep 24 22:32:27 MSD 2009
SMP Thu Sep 24 22:32:27 MSD 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
4 - Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 18683856 86856 18597000 0 0 0
-/+ buffers/cache: 86856 18597000
Swap: 0 0 0

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

This is a NEW server, plain vanilla, I went to the updater to upgrade to 10.3

ACTUAL RESULT

Plesk is no longer functional. Default page comes up. SSH works.

EXPECTED RESULT

Expected upgrade to 10.3 without issue.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How can I revert back should this happen on a production server? If you would like I can give you access to this server for reference, right now if you wish, before I reprovision the server.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but I don't understand about what this report? Is it request about downgrade possibility? You should know that Plesk downgrade is impossible. Create full backup of you production server with previous Plesk version before upgrade.
If it is report about upgrade problem - where logs, details, steps to reproduce, etc?

Hi, it was an upgrade from 10.0.1 to 10.3.

It was a fresh install and after the upgrade all I get is a white page for plesk. How can I get plesk up and running? and where can I find the autoinstaller log? After the upgrade I couldn't download it so it should be somewhere on the server.

Can I go back to 10.0.1 and start over?

Autoinstaller log is /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
You can try to repair upgrade with bootstrapper repair (described in KB)

Thanks, I will try that. The error encountered is: Fatal error: Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 113

Log file is attached...

Attachments

• log.txt
    550.5 KB · Views: 0
We're still running away from initial problem.

I'd like to point out that we are still posting issues not related to the initial domain admin seeing other clients information.

Could we focus and get this issue fixed?.

If plesk wasn't closed source i'm pretty sure this issue would have been corrected long before this thread got started.

Yes Austrich you are right, but as with everything else, there is NO clear solution to this. May I suggest you create your clients as resellers (Or maybe create one reseller) then you have to login as the reseller as there is no apparent way to add customers to it, and add your customers, again. Then log back in as admin and move all your subscriptions to that reseller.

Try that and tell me how it goes. I just had to go and resinstall two servers from scratch as de plesk updaters break plesk and there is also, no apparent solution for this.

If you can use plesk 8.6 or 9.5 those two products are great, I can't say anything close to that for this one.

It seams to work, but the migration work flow is getting very confusing.

It seams to work, but the migration work flow is getting very confusing.

The problem is that you are migrating from one product to another. The called it Plesk 10, but it is a completely different product. I feel sorry for the admins and mods of these forums that have to stick their heads out for this product and try to keep people happy.

All the basic functionality is missing. For Example, you can't even create a customer in the back-end for a reseller, or assign an existing customer to a specific reseller. Another thing is the security issue. We are bound to get sued by our customers if this doesn't get resolved VERY quickly.

Let's hope they find a fix for this soon.

One last thing. I just installed 10.3 and it has a new functionality called webspace. This looks promising, I'll let you know once I'm done testing it.

Back