• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Make service plan available for all...?

HHawk

Regular Pleskian
Hi guys,

We are currently migrating a ton of accounts from several Plesk 12.5.x servers to one single Plesk 12.5.x server. The new server already has a few accounts and also service plans available.

However the problem is, is that the created, or better said, available service plans are selectable for all subscriptions. If I try to change (Change Plan) a subscription's service plan, none of the service plans are being displayed.

Is there a way to make them available for all subscriptions in general? If so, please share.
Or maybe there is another way to do this, other then creating service plans for every single subscription and/or reseller...

Thank you in advance!

Im not perfectly sure whether I understand the question, but I think the underlying issue is the assumption, that migrator does not only migrate the subscription, but the service plans, too. That is not the case. Migrator only migrates subscriptions. If you want these subscriptions to be associated with the same service plan on the target server as they were set on the source server, you must first create the service plans on the target server and name them alike the source server, then migrate the subscription. Else subscriptions will be migrated and have the correct settings, but they will not be associated with the appropriate service plan.

No you didn't understand me correctly.

1. New server > created new service plans
2. Old server accounts > migrated to new server
3. Assign newly created service plans to the migrated accounts

However 3 will fail as it will show NO service plan whatsoever for the accounts.

Anyways, I think we will migrate these accounts to DirectAdmin. So consider this solved.
Only issues with the Plesk migration anyways and more issues with Plesk in general especially with the self-signed certificate and email clients.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. I am sure that there is a solution for the issue. Sometimes it is difficult to understand what a problem is about. And it is even more difficult if not one, but two servers - as in migration - are involved. In your case my first guess would be whether the service plans are global service plans or whether they are associated with a reseller account? If they are global service plans I have not yet seen any issues with assigning plans to subscriptions.

Back