• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make SiteBuilder optional please

breun

Golden Pleskian
When trying to upgrade Plesk 9.5.4 to 10.1.1 I found that I had to install SiteBuilder. Unchecking SiteBuilder in the autoinstaller said that the Plesk base packages require SiteBuilder. If this is really the case I don't understand why SiteBuilder has its own checkbox. But it would be even better if SiteBuilder was not required for the Plesk base packages, as we don't intend to offer SiteBuilder.

vote for this too. sitebuilder should be an optional package

Agreed. We don't use SiteBuilder either - is there any way to hide it from the control panel for users?

yes you just have to set "sitebuilder: 0" for your subscriptions and all sitebuilder links will be hidden.
note: till now there is a bug when "overuse" is allowed sitebuilder buttons are not hidden. think this will be fixed soon.

You can also request whomever issues your license to turn off sitebuilder in the license key.

my vote here as well and to bump this post up again

parallels, we install 10-30 Plesks each month and really need Site builder or "Web Presence Builder" to be optional at install time, its just wasting time and disk space as no one is using it!

thanks

Last edited:
Adding my vote too! I didn't even know it existed till I had it inflicted on me in Plesk 10!

Paul.

Back