1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Make SiteBuilder optional please

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by breun, Jan 31, 2011.

1. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

When trying to upgrade Plesk 9.5.4 to 10.1.1 I found that I had to install SiteBuilder. Unchecking SiteBuilder in the autoinstaller said that the Plesk base packages require SiteBuilder. If this is really the case I don't understand why SiteBuilder has its own checkbox. But it would be even better if SiteBuilder was not required for the Plesk base packages, as we don't intend to offer SiteBuilder.

2. lhwparis

lhwparis Guest

vote for this too. sitebuilder should be an optional package

3. fran@

fran@ Basic Pleskian

57%
    same here. We don't use SiteBuilder.

4. Marco Cristofanilli

Marco Cristofanilli Basic Pleskian

23%
    I wuld remove sitebuilder but psa depend from it.

5. rgenovesi

rgenovesi Guest

Agreed. We don't use SiteBuilder either - is there any way to hide it from the control panel for users?

6. lhwparis

lhwparis Guest

yes you just have to set "sitebuilder: 0" for your subscriptions and all sitebuilder links will be hidden.
    note: till now there is a bug when "overuse" is allowed sitebuilder buttons are not hidden. think this will be fixed soon.

7. Sean Davis

Sean Davis Guest

You can also request whomever issues your license to turn off sitebuilder in the license key.

8. Thomas Gross

Thomas Gross New Pleskian

85%
    my vote here as well and to bump this post up again

parallels, we install 10-30 Plesks each month and really need Site builder or "Web Presence Builder" to be optional at install time, its just wasting time and disk space as no one is using it!

thanks

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  9. paulieG

paulieG Regular Pleskian

Adding my vote too! I didn't even know it existed till I had it inflicted on me in Plesk 10!

Paul.