• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

making mod_fcgi working

fabrizioi

Basic Pleskian
Hi to all,

I'm on plesk 8.6 on centos5.

I would like to run php as fastcgi.

I have set on flag in domain setup in plesk panel for:

fastcgi supports
cgi support
php (safe mode off)

File permission are no greater than 666
Folder permission are all 755

in vhsot.conf I have add

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
<Files ~ (\.php)>
SetHandler fcgid-script
FCGIWrapper /usr/bin/php-cgi .php
Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
allow from all
</Files>
</IfModule>

I receive error 500 if I call any page of the domain.

In the log error I have

Premature end of script

Any Help ? to get this right?

PS:
If I disable fastcgi/cgi support from plesk panel, php loaded as fastcgi but with apache user instead of domain user

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

suPHP is one of the solutions.

But I have tested plesk 9.3 and mod_fcgid allow me to run php with the user domain right.

I prefer to walk this way. Mod_fcgid is integrated with plesk and it seems that we can have more perfomance and stabilty.

Also I can choose from WebHostingSetup three ways to run php. (like windows plesk 8.6)

I 'm going to upgrade to 9.3.

I'm not able to understand why I'm not able to make mod_fcgid working on plesk 8.6. Same functionality are present in windows plesk 8.6.

I haven't found officialy documents from parallels to do this, so maybe they prefer that we upgrade to plesk 9 instead of release some patch to do this.

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

Bye

Did you get mod_fcgid to work with plesk 9.3 without the use of suPHP. I am testing it but so far no luck. I still can not use php values in my vhost.conf when I use fastcgi.

I use plesk 9.3

Hi,

Yes, the managment of the module is inside the plesk cp. So it work. I haven't try to use additional directive in the vhost.conf with mod_fcgid because I use one php configuration for all the vhosts.

May be is not allowed or maybe is batter to have a dedicated php.ini for domains, I don't know this details sorry.

There is no need of suPHP when you choose mod_fcgid because this module is executed within the suexec module.

I can tell you that in 9.3 the mod_fcgid work, and work also with the mod_rewrite.

Hope this help.

Bye

Back