• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

making mod_fcgi working

fabrizioi

Basic Pleskian
Hi to all,

I'm on plesk 8.6 on centos5.

I would like to run php as fastcgi.

I have set on flag in domain setup in plesk panel for:

fastcgi supports
cgi support
php (safe mode off)

File permission are no greater than 666
Folder permission are all 755

in vhsot.conf I have add

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
<Files ~ (\.php)>
SetHandler fcgid-script
FCGIWrapper /usr/bin/php-cgi .php
Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
allow from all
</Files>
</IfModule>

I receive error 500 if I call any page of the domain.

In the log error I have

Premature end of script

Any Help ? to get this right?

PS:
If I disable fastcgi/cgi support from plesk panel, php loaded as fastcgi but with apache user instead of domain user

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

suPHP is one of the solutions.

But I have tested plesk 9.3 and mod_fcgid allow me to run php with the user domain right.

I prefer to walk this way. Mod_fcgid is integrated with plesk and it seems that we can have more perfomance and stabilty.

Also I can choose from WebHostingSetup three ways to run php. (like windows plesk 8.6)

I 'm going to upgrade to 9.3.

I'm not able to understand why I'm not able to make mod_fcgid working on plesk 8.6. Same functionality are present in windows plesk 8.6.

I haven't found officialy documents from parallels to do this, so maybe they prefer that we upgrade to plesk 9 instead of release some patch to do this.

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

Bye

Did you get mod_fcgid to work with plesk 9.3 without the use of suPHP. I am testing it but so far no luck. I still can not use php values in my vhost.conf when I use fastcgi.

I use plesk 9.3

Hi,

Yes, the managment of the module is inside the plesk cp. So it work. I haven't try to use additional directive in the vhost.conf with mod_fcgid because I use one php configuration for all the vhosts.

May be is not allowed or maybe is batter to have a dedicated php.ini for domains, I don't know this details sorry.

There is no need of suPHP when you choose mod_fcgid because this module is executed within the suexec module.

I can tell you that in 9.3 the mod_fcgid work, and work also with the mod_rewrite.

Hope this help.

Bye

Back