1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mambo 4.6.2 rpm - How to create RPM and add to application vault?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by hc_andy, Sep 17, 2007.

1. hc_andy

hc_andy Guest

We have some customers wanting to use Mambo 4.6.2. How do I add this to the plesk application vault? I believe I need to create an rpm of sort but wouldn't mind hearing if anyone has done this before or whether there's already a rpm for Mambo 4.6.2 out there somewhere.

I've read the plesk literature (plesk application vault - development's guide) on how to create rpm and it doesn't look appear to be very easy.

Thanks.

Andy

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

This is one I did for phpBB if you need a starting point.

http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/packages/phpBB/

I'd say doing app vault rpms are bit more complex than a normal rpm, but not as complicated as something like a kernel package.

Some dos and donts:

Dont modify the original source tar.gz/tar.bz2 from the vendor. Use patches instead, it makes updating the package trivial later on.

Avoid the Epoch field, use Release instead. Epochs can get pretty messy after a few updates.

3. hc_andy

hc_andy Guest

Hi atomicturtle,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll continue to plough through the plesk literature slowly and see what I come up with.

thanks.

Andy