• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mambo 4.6.2 rpm - How to create RPM and add to application vault?

H

hc_andy

We have some customers wanting to use Mambo 4.6.2. How do I add this to the plesk application vault? I believe I need to create an rpm of sort but wouldn't mind hearing if anyone has done this before or whether there's already a rpm for Mambo 4.6.2 out there somewhere.

I've read the plesk literature (plesk application vault - development's guide) on how to create rpm and it doesn't look appear to be very easy.

Thanks.

Andy

This is one I did for phpBB if you need a starting point.

http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/packages/phpBB/

I'd say doing app vault rpms are bit more complex than a normal rpm, but not as complicated as something like a kernel package.

Some dos and donts:

Dont modify the original source tar.gz/tar.bz2 from the vendor. Use patches instead, it makes updating the package trivial later on.

Avoid the Epoch field, use Release instead. Epochs can get pretty messy after a few updates.

Hi atomicturtle,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll continue to plough through the plesk literature slowly and see what I come up with.

thanks.

Andy

Back