• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Composer - Plesk Obsidian

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Im attempting to run a silverstripe application on Plesk Obsidian, the application works fine on a local dev server, however the configuration doesn't appear to work on the live server. I attempted to use the extension Composer to install the packages however it didn't seem to resolve the issues.

I believe the issues are all configuration based, as PHP version is the same. I've tried builds and an exact copy of the source files, running the silverstripe /dev/build?flush=1 command shows some errors, the most noteable being
"open_basedir restriction in effect."

Is there somewhere with clear information on how to use the extension, local I would just run composer install and it would work. However the server version seems to create references.

More info, I've removed the class that was thrown an exception during a reflection attempt, the site now runs in some capacity.
But am receiving this error, which provides more detail on the above.

[Warning] is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/Zend/Translate/Adapter/I18nRailsYamlAdapter.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/example.com/:/tmp/)

How do I add the "/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/Zend/Translate/Adapter/I18nRailsYamlAdapter.php"
location to the php base directories I've attempted a few variations including,

{DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}{:}/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear/Zend/

I have some experience running Silverstripe sites, albeit older ones, and they can be troublesome when it comes to the open_basedir and set_include_path. Often the errors Silverstripe throws aren't what they seem.

Did you try:

{DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}{:}/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear

Also, compare the list of disabled PHP functions on your dev and live server... Or, for that matter, any other phpinfo() differences.

Last edited:
Thanks Ales, yes you are correct it is to be entered as {DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}{:}/opt/plesk/php/7.3/share/pear

Back