• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mambo and joomla

B

benattar

Is SW-soft planning on moving from Mambo to joomla as a packaged CMS with plesk now that the Mabo developement team has moved to Joomla?

Joomla Applicatoin Vault

Hi There,

I created an Application Vault RPM for Joomla 1.0.3.
I just created a project at developer.joomla.org where i will publish the RPM.

At developer.joomla.org they did not accepted the project yet, this will probably be done in the next few hours.

When they accept it, i will post a message here that it is available with the url of the package.

Since i made the framework for creating the package, i will make new packages when a new release of Joomla will arrive!

compatability

I run psa in on an Ubuntu box. Do you know if my converting the RPM to a DEB with alien will work? I´m glad to see someone has taken the initiative to undertake this task, thank you. For future reference, can you also point me toward information on how to make a package ready for the application vault? if I am unable to simply convert your rpm to a deb I´ll need to learn to package it myself.

well, i personally preffer to offer my clients and use for my own sites both, joomla and mambo.

and its available from ART rpms as well. (simply type at root, yum install joomla)

Originally posted by ChipMonk
and its available from ART rpms as well. (simply type at root, yum install joomla)
Yes, and ART got it from pdreissen :) and 1.04 has been released at both the author's site and ART's.

tried to install via the plesk application vault...

got this msg...

"Unable to install the site application package.
sappmng: popen_exec: command failed code: 1, error : none
This is not and Application Vault Package"

I used the file "Joomla-1.0.3-2.src.rpm"
running plesk 7.5.4..

any idea ?

Also..someone mentioned a 1.0.4 version ???
I'd rather not use YUM to get it...

thanks in advance..

winter

There is both the 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 available, but you do NOT want to use the .src.rpm, just the one without the .src in the filename.

The .src indicates that it is the 'source' files which would allow you to make changes and recompile it on your system, this is not what you want.

You can find the 1.03-2 files at pdreissen's site:
http://developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/...s;jsessionid=134EBAAC0DF64D59C63B834C4C177906

or at both versions at atomicrocketturtle's site:
http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/app-vault/RPMS/

at this point

At this point it doesn't matter to me whether it is mambo, jambo or joomblallalalaaa

We are in the works to convert our entire system so new users/clients can install apps from their control panel and guess what?

Atttempting an install of Mambo from the default control panel Mambo link or from the application vault results in no success for Mambo.

Always get the small indescript "2" down in the lower left of the Mambo - not available screen after installation completion.

Yes, we know it refers to certain passwords, etc... DOESN"T f'n matter. We tried installing from both interfaces over 20 times with passwords from 1 to 100 characters of various formats with no success. Bottom line.....it's the B.S. factor!

So lame.

And before anyone says different, we did a basic install of Mambo through ssh/ftp and it works great.

The problems lies COMPLETELY with the Plesk interface installation.

Sure would be nice to have Plesk work the way they say it will. Why have options if they are broken to begin with? Especially since the support for the extras is - extra - ?

Oh well,.....another day on the dollar, 'eh?

Another bruised toe. OUCH!

Mambo and Plesk

Okay, so I looked a little bit and found this:

http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?threadid=27609&highlight=PHP+with+SUPHP

How does that make Plesk any better for having an install through the admin/client control panel for Mambo effective?

Each file/dir is written world-writable (777) and still renders the site inaccessible through www. or domain.com

Offering our clients the ability to build their own sites is important, but only second to security and, of course usability..

I'd really like to enable client-side app setups with PSA-7.5.4 so I can sleep at night.

Any help?

Thanks big for anyone offering substantive direction.

Re: Mambo and Plesk

PP,

I may be able to help you a little - I have many joomla & mambo sites on my plesk box. I haven't built it into a control panel app because it's just a box for my own projects. I'm comfortable in a shell.

My default installation is thus:

- everything from httpdocs down is owned by group psaserv - not the default psacln
- directories are 775

Works great for me.

BP

Originally posted by phatPhrog
Okay, so I looked a little bit and found this:

http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?threadid=27609&highlight=PHP+with+SUPHP

How does that make Plesk any better for having an install through the admin/client control panel for Mambo effective?

Each file/dir is written world-writable (777) and still renders the site inaccessible through www. or domain.com

Offering our clients the ability to build their own sites is important, but only second to security and, of course usability..

I'd really like to enable client-side app setups with PSA-7.5.4 so I can sleep at night.

Any help?

Thanks big for anyone offering substantive direction.

PSA 7.5.4

We have a Plesk 7.5.4 box with Mambo as part of PSA.

We have copied the psa-suxec over to suexec as prescribed by others, yet any install of Mambo from the CP results in worldwrittable directories/files no matter whether installed by the user and/or admin.

When installing apps from the App Vault such as phpBB, WordPress or any other app in the vault, they are installed in the same manner as if we had manually created the database and FTPd the files.

I don't understand why Mambo requires 777 on most of the dir/files to operate.

We just switched a client from Mambo to Drupal because they weren't able to perform day-to-day updates without core files being world writtable.

The Mambo folks even deny it is necessary, yet when we tested it ourselves we could not edit, modify or maintain a Mambo site for even an hour without the world-writtable permissions being applied to most of the site code..

Sorry, but Mambo and Joomla are out on our server.

We only wish there were an AppVault for Drupal as it is the better choice.

We do appreciate your help. Thanks a bunch.

Back