• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mambo no longer being developed?

B

benattar

I've been reading on a lot of Mambo CMS sites that the entire Mambo developement team has moved away from Mambo and begun developement of their CMS under the project name joomla. from what I've seen of it it is basically the same CMS just a different name. I'm wondering what sw-soft is planning to do. Are we going to see the addition of joomla to plesk? are you planning on replacing mambo? will both CMSs be packaged with plesk?

You may be more likely to get an answer from Plesk by sending an email to sales or calling them. Your post sounds as if you are addressing the Plesk staff, so I thought I would point out the following:

This forum is for their customers to help each other out. It is not viewed/monitored much by Plesk staff, and their staff almost never replies or posts here.

It is also poor etiquette to duplicate your posts.

Joomla application vault

Hi There,

I created an Application Vault RPM for Joomla 1.0.3.
I just created a project at developer.joomla.org where i will publish the RPM.

At developer.joomla.org they did not accepted the project yet, this will probably be done in the next few hours.

When they accept it, i will post a message here that it is available with the url of the package.

Since i made the framework for creating the package, i will make new packages when a new release of Joomla will arrive!

compatability

I run psa in on an Ubuntu box. Do you know if my converting the RPM to a DEB with alien will work? I´m glad to see someone has taken the initiative to undertake this task, thank you. For future reference, can you also point me toward information on how to make a package ready for the application vault? if I am unable to simply convert your rpm to a deb I´ll need to learn to package it myself.

Since i have a very small knowledge of deb packages (read: none!) i don't have the slightest idea if this is possible. But don't you have RPM installed then, how did you install Plesk ?

there is a plesk package made for Ubuntu that uses the apt package manager (ie. DEBs, not RPMs).

Even after logging in to SF, I get the following message for the URL you posted:

Project: Joomla for Plesk
The page you requested cannot be found.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the SourceForge administrator.

Problem with Package

Hello,
i have installed it, but every time ill log in as admin i just become a Message "you cannot login. There are no Administrators setup"

I can`t login with any Users ( Editor or Admin)

I've the exactly same problem. I already tried to set up an administrator by running the 3 SQL-statements above - with no success. Can anybody help? Please...

I've found exactly the same problem.

Tried to manually add the admin account but had no joy (possibly because of the password crypt).

Anybody got any clues? It would be nice to have the package actually working!

Back