• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Managing postgres database from my computer

Korpin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.55
Good morning,

I have configured a Postgress database and would now like to configure it remotely, from my machine.
From the site, it's localhost:5432 (classic), but when I try remotely from my machine, I put the server's IP address as well as port 5432 but no way to connect.

I have also tried to activate pgMyAdmin but I can't find it, is it normal (i have the Developer pack and a linux server)?

Is there anything special I need to do (remote host authorization is already enabled)?

Have you already seen this article?

If you basically configured all correctly and are still unable to reach the database, the port is probably blocked. It can be blocked by a firewall in your local router, the firewall on your server or a firewall in your data center that sits in front of your server.

Have you already seen this article?

If you basically configured all correctly and are still unable to reach the database, the port is probably blocked. It can be blocked by a firewall in your local router, the firewall on your server or a firewall in your data center that sits in front of your server.
Thanks a lot for the article.

Sadly, I don't have the directory 'pgsql' so I can't edit the postgresql.conf file.

Attachments

• pgsql.png
    pgsql.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 6
Back