• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Manual Email setup details

Stepster

Basic Pleskian
When an end user logs into their panel and views their email details, there's a 'i' in a blue circle. Clicking on this provides them with a pop-up help for setting up their email client. It's headed 'Configure E-mail Client'.

It includes a 'Manual Setup' section with details of the account username, incoming/outgoing server details etc.

The only problem - these details are wrong! How do I access this information to correct it? Where is the information drawn from?

I'm using Plesk Panel 11.0.9 Update #38 with SmarterMail v10.7.4787

What exactly is wrong there?

It states the incoming and outgoing mailserver details as being the users domain name which is not the case. All of the domains on the system use one specified incoming/outgoing FQDN and it's vital that they enter this and only this if there outgoing messages are not to be marked as SPAM by the receivers.

Ideally I'd like the option for adding other information as the incoming ports are secured by SSL and TLS.

Back