• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Manual PSARESTORE

G

geeknews

Guest
Ok here is the deal. Had a server that was hacked thru and exploit in a older application that was on the box which required the hosting company to re-provision the box.

I made backups of all the domains that were on the box and had them stored off site. When he provision was over I created the domains and pulled in the backups.

Imagine my horror when thru the control panel it would not let me restore these backups because of some saftey mechanism you all have built in that will not allow the files to be used on the same but reprovisioned machine

Dump Signature verification failed

Ok well I read your lengthy instructions on how to backup manually and needless to say that this goes a little above my head. I am lucky in that we only have one domain that is remaining to be a pain. As I spent about 24 hours putting back online traditional backups aka FTP

Now is their anyway to extract the backup file so that I can just recover the domains files I already have the e-mail and Mysql stuff recovered. Or can someone help me figure out how to use psarestore and please tell me where this backup program hides the backup files becasue I swear i have been in every directory on the server as su and can not find them. I resorted to manually uploading them to where I could find them.

But again either or need to extract them localy with my windows machine and upload them via ftp or I need help in restoring the archive manually onthe linux box


When I do run the psarestore command from the command line I get this

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f grafartx.com_2005.12.01_01.15 -s shellmap.file -m ipmap.file

===============================================================================

Attempt to connect to MySQL server ... done

===============================================================================

Checking packages installation ... done

===============================================================================

Dump reader error: Unable to open input file "grafartx.com_2005.12.01_01.15"

This file has been uploaded and I can see it via the control panel yet cannot find it anywhere else
 
psadump files are mime encoded files. There was another post just recently saying that Winzip 10 is able to open/read the psadump files after they are renamed to extension .mime

Otherwise what has been done in the past is to use a mime decoder program, instructions can be found by using the forum search function on phrase: "psadump AND mime"
 
Back
Top