• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Manual Use of Certbot in Plesk Onyx?

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello how can I manually call certbot? Ive had a look around and can't locate the letsencrypt/cerbot files? Attempting to simply enable SSL on mail.domain.com scripts. I have a proxy in the way for www, so don't want to have to script around the certbot on the proxy for www requests.

i.e.

find / -type f -name "certbot-auto"

shows nothing? Where can I find the application?

I also can't see the file or any familar directoris /live etc in amoungst these folders

find / -type f -name "letsencrypt"

/usr/share/doc/letsencrypt
/var/log/letsencrypt
/var/lib/letsencrypt
/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt
/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt
/opt/psa/admin/share/modules/letsencrypt
/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/letsencrypt

Hi NateWon,

the Plesk Let's Encrypt extension is not the same as using the "certbot-auto" from Let's Encrypt itself. If you desire the whole command list for the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension, you would use for example:
Code:
/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/letsencrypt --help all

and the commands over the command line would then start with:
Code:
/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/letsencrypt

Hi NateWon,

the Plesk Let's Encrypt extension is not the same as using the "certbot-auto" from Let's Encrypt itself. If you desire the whole command list for the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension, you would use for example:
Code:
/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/letsencrypt --help all

and the commands over the command line would then start with:
Code:
/opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/venv/bin/letsencrypt

Thank you,

So I'd assume using the wrapper would apply the certificate to a matching domain if run manually, looks like I might need to find some more information on the extension.

I was able to install certbot in addition to the lets-encrypt extension and map it to my own defined port, works well as would be expected.

Back