• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Manually Activate Plesk?

pandpan

Basic Pleskian
I use OVH: I installed ubuntu (14.04 LTS) plesk package a while back. Then, when I finally wanted to use plesk i got a 403 error when accessing it at port 8443. OVH explained to me that i never activated my license and request I wipe the server for it to work. This is of course not feasible with the amount of admin work put into the server. Apparently i need to manually activate plesk - and because it is not the "OVH way" to do it, they told me to go do it myself. Can you help me activate plesk? I have the activation key and license number.

Hello,

I don't think i can get in to the backend to perform a license key installation.
-------------
The key is the one starting with PLSK right?
----------------
I tried running the plesk command as mentioned but it returns as an unknown command
----------------
If it is normal the 8443 back-end still says 403 forbidden

Last edited:
Looks like your Plesk is broken. Try to fix it with

# plesk repair installation

or contact Support Team.

Hello,

I put exactly # plesk repair installation , and nothing happens.

I will try to contact support. Thanks for your help!

You need to run

plesk repair installation

# is symbol of root account in your command line. You shouldn't to put it there.

Ah i see...

Well that command on its own isn't working. Does it need to be done in a certain folder?

Also Ive tried to use live chat, after submitting it says my key is from a partner. I have already tried talking to OVH as a first point of contact and they already said they wont be assisting me any further. It tells me to go to this site https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us and find the partner code there but OVH returns no hits.

Submitting a ticket isn't helping either as it says.."Cannot verify the key." for the key OVH had provided me with.

What should I do?

Well that command on its own isn't working. Does it need to be done in a certain folder?
What do you mean? Just run it in command line. For example, on my test server:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# plesk repair installation

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
.............and so on.............

Submitting a ticket isn't helping either as it says.."Cannot verify the key." for the key OVH had provided me with.

What should I do?
Look at this #15

Hello!

When i run the plesk command I'm getting a "command not found" - Perhaps plesk isn't properly installed?

Thanks for the #15 post

Hello!

To be honest i have no clue, all it said to me when i got the license is that it is a "Plesk 12 - Web Pro Edition"

Back