• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Manually Activate Plesk?

pandpan

Basic Pleskian
I use OVH: I installed ubuntu (14.04 LTS) plesk package a while back. Then, when I finally wanted to use plesk i got a 403 error when accessing it at port 8443. OVH explained to me that i never activated my license and request I wipe the server for it to work. This is of course not feasible with the amount of admin work put into the server. Apparently i need to manually activate plesk - and because it is not the "OVH way" to do it, they told me to go do it myself. Can you help me activate plesk? I have the activation key and license number.

Hello,

I don't think i can get in to the backend to perform a license key installation.
-------------
The key is the one starting with PLSK right?
----------------
I tried running the plesk command as mentioned but it returns as an unknown command
----------------
If it is normal the 8443 back-end still says 403 forbidden

Last edited:
Looks like your Plesk is broken. Try to fix it with

# plesk repair installation

or contact Support Team.

Hello,

I put exactly # plesk repair installation , and nothing happens.

I will try to contact support. Thanks for your help!

You need to run

plesk repair installation

# is symbol of root account in your command line. You shouldn't to put it there.

Ah i see...

Well that command on its own isn't working. Does it need to be done in a certain folder?

Also Ive tried to use live chat, after submitting it says my key is from a partner. I have already tried talking to OVH as a first point of contact and they already said they wont be assisting me any further. It tells me to go to this site https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us and find the partner code there but OVH returns no hits.

Submitting a ticket isn't helping either as it says.."Cannot verify the key." for the key OVH had provided me with.

What should I do?

Well that command on its own isn't working. Does it need to be done in a certain folder?
What do you mean? Just run it in command line. For example, on my test server:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# plesk repair installation

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
.............and so on.............

Submitting a ticket isn't helping either as it says.."Cannot verify the key." for the key OVH had provided me with.

What should I do?
Look at this #15

Hello!

When i run the plesk command I'm getting a "command not found" - Perhaps plesk isn't properly installed?

Thanks for the #15 post

Hello!

To be honest i have no clue, all it said to me when i got the license is that it is a "Plesk 12 - Web Pro Edition"

Back