• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Manually move 1 address book

T

TWGMedia

Where are the individual address books located in Plesk?

I wish to manually move one address book from one server to another. I was thinking it is something that I could secure copy from one server to another or possibly tar up and wget.

I just can't seem to find the location of damn individual address books.

Thanks.

Kevin

I believe the PSA version of Horde/IMP with Turba (address manager) stores the address book information in the mySQL database 'horde', in the table 'turba_objects', at least that's where I have found the info under 7.5.3 just now.

James,

That is what I saw as well. I'm assuming I can just use phpadmin to pull out the specific address book I need and reinsert it on another server.

Didn't know if anyone had specific experience in doing this. Thanks as always for taking the time to answer.

Kevin

Looks like the data is just entered into a big table, not pre-separated by user. You'll have to write a query to pull out records based on 'owner_id'.

I've never had to extract a single user's address book from the database, but why don't you just login to the webmail as the user, use the Address book's built-in Import/Export feature??

Mainly because the domain owner was notified ahead of time that we were going to move their domain to a new server. They assured us that they had backed up all of their data only to realize they hadn't backed up their address book (which we reminded them to do and offered to do for them).

The client isn't mad as they realize is is "their fault". However I think it is just good customer service to try and recover the address book even if it takes some effort on our part.

Kevin

Gotcha. Yes, I love it when my clients do stuff like that, it's so hard not to say 'I told you!'

Back