1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Map subdomain to svn repository

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Daniel Phillips, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Daniel Phillips

Daniel Phillips Guest

Hello I need to map a subdomain svn.domain.com to an svn repository that's located at /var/www/svn_rep

I've followed many guides and still when I go to svn.domain.com I get the browser screen telling me can't connect to server

Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Here is the guide I used mainly

http://www.lejnieks.com/2008/07/05/installing-subversion-on-centos-with-plesk/

Thanks,

Daniel

2. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Regular Pleskian

same problems here, have you find any way??

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

I setup svn on my server, but I didnt follow that guide to do it - most of it is correct though, go through and install subversion, create a user and then use the svnadmin to create a repo and add users to it

I created a directory /var/www/svn/ and then used svnadmin to create a directory/repository under that root

Then in my subversion.conf file I have this

Note that my svn repo is open to the public, if you want yours to be locked you would need to follow the documentation on the svn site on how to create users.

good luck

4. Jay Versluis

Jay Versluis Basic Pleskian

35%
    Thanks for sharing, Amin! I know this is an old article, but Subversion is something I'd like to use with Plesk 10 and 11 too. Sadly neither guide is working for me.

Which domain do you actually get to use /svn on then? All I get is a "Forbidden" screen, despite setting permissions to the Apache user and group.