• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MAPS on debian not working

P

perler

hello,

is someone out there who uses MAPS blocking on a debian 3.1 plesk installation? mine is not working at all and i would like to check some paths and stuff,

thanks,

PAT

ok, i got it working in a kind of dirty way:

in /etc/inetd.conf

i changed

PHP:
  smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env  /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail  /bin/true  

smtps stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env  /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmai  l/bin/true

to

PHP:
  smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env  /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -b -r sbl-xbl.sp  amhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail  /bin/true  

smtps stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env  /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -b -r sbl-xbl.s  pamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmai  l/bin/true

could someone with an out-of-the-box working MAPS config on a debian 3.1 system check if his config looks the same?

PAT

there is no out of the box working config for debian, as out of the box it just doesnt work.
what you set in plesk (7.5.4 here) for MAPS just doesnt get configured in inetd.conf

however, by looking at other distros, i would change the stuff to this:

smtp stream tcp nowait root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail /bin/true

(rblsmtpd before relaylock... and btw, what is the -p switch for? others dont seem to use it)

Back