• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Massive Import

Linof

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Versione 18.0.59
Hi everyone,

I need to massively import a series of domains from old non-standard servers.

Is there a way to do this by taking the data, for example, from csv sheets or something similar?

Thank you

Hi Kaspar, if it's possible to import everything that would be great. I was content to create the structure and copy the files later

There is the Plesk Migrator which can be used to migrate domains and websites from servers that run any of the supported hosting panels. More information can be found here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377889325719-Plesk-Migration-and-Transfer-Guide

But since you mentioned that you are migrating from "non-standard servers" I assume that the Plesk Migrator does not work for you (but I might be wrong). In that case you'll need to get creative and create your own migration solution by using the Plesk CLI, Plesk Rest API or Plesk XML RPC API. That might sound daunting, but it could be as simple as creating a Bash script that create the domains for you based on a text file that contains all your domains.

Thanks Kaspar, I will try to check if Plesk Migrator can help me at least a little otherwise I will test myself with the API as you recommended.
Thanks very much for your help

Plesk have a migration team or used to I think, that might be worth looking at.

The migrator can be used on non Plesk servers, but there is a learning curve. My brain is still jellied.

Plesk have a migration team or used to I think, that might be worth looking at.

The migrator can be used on non Plesk servers, but there is a learning curve. My brain is still jellied.
I totally forgot about that. Thank you posting about those.

@linhof fortunately @Dave W reminded me that the Plesk Migrator can also be used to do migrations from hosting environments that do not run any of the supported panels (ie a custom hosting environment). That might be useful for your use case. As Dave pointed out there is quite a learning curve performing a migration with the Plesk Migrator this way. More informations can be found in the Plesk docs here: Migrating from Custom Hosting

Plesk also offers 'Professional Services' too, which is basically any type of assistance with Plesk that's outside the general support scope. Including performing a complete migration for you. However It's not a free service. More information can be found here: Professional Services

Back