• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Max number of backups rule not enforced

D

dan4078

I have the "Maximum number of backups in repository" set to 10.

This rule is not enforced when "Directory for backups files storage" is set under "Personal FTP Repository Settings"

Is this a know bug, is there a work around?

Thanks,
Daniel

I cant reproduce it. Could you please describe it with more details?

Plesk Version: 9.5.1
Operating System: CentOS 5.5
Linux Kernel: 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5
Arch: x86_64, AMD Dual-Core Opteron

Attached are screenshots of my backup configurations.

The "Maximum number of backups in repository" setting is not being obeyed. The problem started when I changed the "Directory for backups files storage" to "sites/" it was previously empty.

Attachments

• screenshot_011.png
    screenshot_011.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 15
  • screenshot_012.png
    screenshot_012.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
What is it - "sites/"? There is should be full path to your backup directory.

"sites/" is a relative path to the default directory that the FTP servers uses for the user. Regardless, I changed to the full path and did a test backup, however the number of files are still not governed by the "Maximum number of backups in repository" setting

This issue is still not solved. Here is a debug message that i got from the server:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result status="warnings">
    <object name="backup" type="backupowner">
      <message severity="error" code="msgtext">Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1107.
</message>
    </object>
  </execution-result>

We have already submitted this problem to development team and they still working on it.
Did you tried solution from thread - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=101287 ?

I read through that thread. However, the issue there was with FTP passive mode. I don't think that is the issue here, but i will try hacking in the switch and checking my result.

One item of interest from that thread is the backup_log_***.txt file that is attached. What is the location of that log so that I can use it to further debug?

Thank you for the response,
Daniel

It is renamed file. All backup/restore/migration debug logs you can find in /usr/local/psa/PMM/ directory.

It is renamed file. All backup/restore/migration debug logs you can find in /usr/local/psa/PMM/ directory.

Thanks for the quick reply, here it the section causing the error:

Code:
[16:03:24|INFO:13667:p.log] pmm-ras started :
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --get-ftp-dump-list --dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]//sites/ --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs
[16:03:24|INFO:13667:p.log] Repository 'ftp://backup.my-server.com//sites/' initialising...
[16:03:24|INFO:13667:p.log] Repository 'ftp://backup.my-server.com//sites/': Initialized
[16:03:24|INFO:13667:p.log] Repository 'ftp://backup.my-server.com//sites/': List packed backups at
[16:03:24|INFO:13667:p.log] Ftp init url ftp://backup.my-server.com//sites/
[16:04:24|INFO:13667:p.log] CurlError: Curl error: FTP: couldn't retrieve (RETR failed) the specified file [./ftp.cpp:565]
[16:04:24|INFO:13667:p.log] pmm-ras finished. Exit code: 126

The pmm-ras invocation (first line above) isn't working. Running it from the command line yields:

Code:
[root@pleskserver logs]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --get-ftp-dump-list --dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]//sites/ --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs
Transport error: unable to list directory: unable to list directory:

Same result when adding "--use-ftp-passive-mode" as advised in the The rotations does not work thread

UPDATE: After waiting for the nightly run, it seems that switching to passive mode corrected the problem as outlined in post linked above.

Thanks for your help.

We are seeing this issue on a Plesk 9.5.2 server - backups are limited to maximum 5 files on the Personal FTP Repository but there are currently 9 files there. No errors are showing in the log files and passive mode is enabled (have tried with and without passive mode). Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

We are getting the following error emailed to us when the backups try to rotate:

Code:
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code "121" at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1107.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

This is on a Plesk 9.5.1 server on CentOS 5.4. I've tried both with and without passive mode FTP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

We are getting the following error emailed to us when the backups try to rotate:

Code:
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code "121" at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1107.
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

This is on a Plesk 9.5.1 server on CentOS 5.4. I've tried both with and without passive mode FTP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Dump rotation occurs on last step of backup -- after upload is done. However, if control channel is closed error 121 occurs which means 'remote I/O' error. It is general error representing issues with FTP connection.
The problem can be reported in logs in /usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions that it is timeout on FTP communication. Check it and try to modify configuration of remote FTP server and increase timeout to one hour.

Back