• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Max post size for Apache web server?

LionKing

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu Linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
So basically i need to upload a 140M patch for our CRM system which runs our VPS with Plesk
First it was nginx that complained over the file size was too large. I think I have solved that issue.

(ModSecurity: Request body (Content-Length) is larger than the configured limit (134217728). [hostname ")
1676482863862.png

I have also set the the PHP values with post_max_size, upload_max_filesize etc so. Disabled caching & proxy at Cloudflare (they were they first to complain over the file size).

But even after all that has been done the file is still not accepted by the system. I have trsted and uploaded a much smaller older patch which is only about 50M and that is completed and uploaded to the crm without any issues. So that leads me to that it must be Apache maybe that now is blocking?
But how do you change the Apache post size in Plesk? (For an user account/domain, not the whole server of course).

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

Thanks for the reply @Peter Debik

Well actually, yes.
Even before i made these tweaks the smaller old patches would upload to the crm system without a hitch. (20-45MB in size). But this larger one and the latest patch for SuiteCRM doesn't not load. It just hangs basically.

1676489002362.png

1676489041510.png
I have also Edit the corresponding user.ini and php.ini to match these values.
1676489270526.png
I'm bit clueless what is still blocking / cutting the upload off.

Kind regards

Is that the error message you're (still) getting?
I almost wish it was, because that would have made it so much easier, but no. After configured nginx "Maximum allowed HTTP request body size" it went away.

I did later after that just see one time that Apache now instead (browser error), was complaining about the post size, but never any error messages about it on the log. E.g. 413 Request too large apache on https:xyz-example.com

Which is why I began to look into if something in Apache could be tweaked in Plesk in regards to POST size.

Kind regards

Since the error is being triggered by modsecurity please refer to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...available-ModSecurity-Response-body-too-large
Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it @scsa20

It was triggered by modsecurity. After nginx settings was applied it does't come up anymore. I even went as far as disabling the firewall to test if something in it was still being triggering to block it (but not logging it), but unfortunately to no avail as it made no difference.

Kind regards

I never experienced in the past that we had issues with uploading and applying patches to SuiteCRM (Download - SuiteCRM), so that is a new one for us and myself. But looking into the current SuiteCRM settings:
1676490897748.png

That apparently isn't the case. The allowed upload number is quite high already.

Kind regards

If you're trying to upload things through your site and you're getting the error then it's because of that site limitation. The patch wouldn't go through that size limitation but through the server limitation instead.

I did some further digging on SuiteCRM. It looks like there is a upload file size limit of 60000000 bytes (~57 MB) hard coded in the modules/UpgradeWizard/upload.php file on line 91.

PHP:
$sugar_config['upload_maxsize'] = 60000000;

Add a extra zero to the upload limit so it becomes ~572MB and you'll probably will be able to upload the patch successfully. Be prepared to be disappointed though. The patch zip misses the manifest.php file, which will fail the upgrade. (At least that's what happend during my test).

Back