• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

memailfilter.exe is running dozens of times

T

Toepes

Since i updated Plesk to 7.6.1. every now and then (reed at least every 2 days) memailfilter.exe is running approx. 110 times in the processlist.
At that time the mailserver (mailenable) stops delivering e-mail. The only thing i can do is reboot or manually kill every instance in the processlist.

Also processes memailfilter_usr is running several instances.

Does anyone has a solution ?

This has been mentioned in thread: http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?threadid=36434
but there is no solution for this problem atm.
I've come across an idea to create Scheduled task with command to restart Mail Server every day at specified time (because you dont have to restart machine, just click Plesk sys tray icon and select Mail Server -> Restart), but couldn't find documentation which command should I input.

Somethimes this happens to me when I restart the server.

I restart all Plesk services using Plesk Control Panel and problem goes away.

unfortunately it doesn't work for me. This morning i had 100+ instances of memailfilter again and restarted the mailserver.
The memailfilter stayed in the list of running programms. I had to stop them one by one by hand by killing the process.

(I wished i could kill them at once without rebooting)

Restarting the MailEnable services does not kill all this process at once?

unfortunately not. I tried that at first. Then when I restarted ME Server again (after waiting for a minute to give processes a chance of getting killed) they still stayed. Then i stopped them one by one. Then restarted ME server again. At that time i noticed the memailfilter.exe was building up again. So I rebootet and problem was solved, (For the time)

i have the same problem

this appear one day or another, it is not every day, i dont know why.

I installed a newer Version 1.96, for 2 days it seems that it is solved.

I will monitor everything and give a final result

We are using MailEnable 1.96 since Plesk 7.6.1 update, so it has to be Plesk related bug

Still running !

Did you do a complete new install ?

I renamed the old installation of MailEnable. Then installed the newer version.
After that i copied back the mailboxes and Configdirectory

Originally posted by Toepes
Still running !

Did you do a complete new install ?
No, we upgraded version 1.9x which came with Plesk 7.6
I have to say that I didn't like Plesk 7.6 downgrading MailEnable which was already updated to latest version.

Thankfully, this weekend, we're migrating everyone to DotNetPanel and hMailServer, so this nightmare will be over... I still cannot believe how faster and smoother things can be ;)

Unfortunately the problem is NOT solved. After days of fine working i had to reboot again today. I foudn about 110 times memailfilter.exe running.

Stopping the mailservers didn't do the job, only rebooting.

Again 120+ instances of running memailfilter.exe and memailfilter_iusr.exe.

Isn't there a way to kill this at once or a way to disable the mailfilter. I hate rebooting every x-days.

I yust wished someone from swsoft gave a sign of life and react to all the problems in this plesk 7.6

I think I have the same problem. I havent checked the process list but randomly the mail queue locks up starts to create a backlog.

It can go for anywhere from 6 hours to 8 days without happening. But when it does I need to reboot.

Im also running the latest version of mailenable 1.96

Next time it happens ill check the process list to see if the same thing is happening.

I definetly have the same problem.

Its running 100s in the process list.

Has anyone managed to find a solution?

Ive been in contact with plesk support and they said to check inbound and outgoing queues.

Apparently if there are messages without headers, or vica versa it can cause the system to lockup.

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mailenable\Queues\SMTP\Outgoing\Messages

I had 2 messages without headers, dated a couple of months old.

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mailenable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages

I had 60 messages without headers, ranging between now and two months ago.

Ive removed the messages so that both the headers and the messages tally up.

Hopefully this was the cause of the problem, I just need to wait to see if it happens again.

Hello, Gentlemen.

This problem is being studied by our developers.

Actually, you can stop the processes generation by restarting the Plesk RunTime services. You can also decrease the number of processes by setting the maximum size of message processed by SpamFilter in Plesk -> server -> Mail -> Spamfilter.

The advice plesk support gave me didnt work, after about 4-5 days the queue locked up again and the process was present LOTS of times.

This time it was the SF/Outgoing queue which locked up.

Im waiting on a response from plesk support to see if they can give me any more advice.

Its getting really annoying now, and it seems more than just a few people are having the problem.

Back