• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

memailfilter.exe is running dozens of times

i have installed a new server and restored the domains from the pleskbackup. The server is now running since 9 days and so far no problem.

- For SWSOFT: Could it be because of a migration from MYSQL to MSSQL for the Plesk database ?

Good to hear its working ok so far for you.

Installing a new server really isnt an option for me, so im still trying to find a solution.

New install doesn't help..

We do have running a new 7.6.1 which has the same problem every 1-3 days!

Plesk development, this is kind of urgent..

Did someone performed a successful inplace upgrade to hMailserver ?

Ive been considering switching to hMailServer.

Its a fantastic mail server, I wish I had set it up in the first place.

Im planning on changing to it but im going to setup a local test server and swap it over before doing it on our real one.

Im guessing you will need to manually configure hMailServer to use spamassassin.

Any update on this?

Apparently there are a few very well known issues with Plesk 7.6.1 by SWsoft, but still no solution for. And yeah, this is one of them.

Originally posted by Bogdan
Any update on this?

Apparently there are a few very well known issues with Plesk 7.6.1 by SWsoft, but still no solution for. And yeah, this is one of them.

i agree with you , unafortunaly .......unfortunaly

We've had some success solving this problem by doing the following ...

First, delete any old messages from the queues as suggested above by renleon.

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mailenable\Queues\SMTP\Outgoing\Messages

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mailenable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages

Then do the following ...

1. Start >> Programs >> Mail Enable >> Mail Enable Administrator
2. Expand the tree ... Servers >> Localhost >> Agents >> MTA
3. Right click MTA and select "Properties"
4. Set "Maximum send threads" to 1
5. Check the "Process pickup after filters instead of before" box
6. Click "Apply".
7. Restart the MTA services.

Step 4 limits the number of instances of memailfilter.exe that can be generated simultaneously.

Step 5 causes SpamAssassin (if you have it installed) to run before the Pickup event (which in our case runs Clam AV) and gets rid of a lot of the malformed emails before they reach memailfilter.exe.

Back