• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Merak Support

Merak

We've been hosting our email services on a Merak Mail server since 2001 without a hiccup. Our users love it. I've been waiting patiently for a control panel that integrates with Merak. Such a feature would be the selling point for us.

We're just unwilling to give up our Merak Mail server.

Dan Bulmer
CRUSE Technologies
www.crusetech.com

Like I already said, we have problems with Merak. The main problem - Merak is unwilling to cooperate, and we have no way to reach to their developers. This is very stupid on their part. In fact, I can not believe it myself, but they casually reply "we are not interested".

If you are interesting in seeing Merak support in Plesk, please bug your sales representative - we are pretty close to have a full support for Merak, but we have a few issues with their API that require clarification. We just need a contact in their development, or at least clueful bizdev person who understands value of proper Merak support in Plesk for their sales.

Hello Jaytee

We have been using merak since 2000 without any trouble we have 10.000 domains , 70.000+ email accounts on a sinle box,

Please go to this page : http://www.icewarp.com/Download/

at the bottom of this page you will see this:

Download Merak integration with the Ensim Pro - hosting control panel for professional hosting businesses.

If they provide Ensim such a custom API , i believe they are interested in control panel conpanies. Why on earth they do not want to bundle their software with Plesk?

Also The only Control Panel on earth that does not support MERAK is PLESK, All of the following Control Panels supports Merak HC , HA , Helm ...etc

What is you problem With API ? We have close contacts with icewarp as we had found 3 major security holes on their previous versions , we may talk with them.

I will also contact with them about your issue...

Emre

Like I said, the major problem is their unwillingness to cooperate. Technical problems we can solve one way or another.

I think sooner or later we will reach the right person in Merak, but if you have some internal contacts, you can save us some time - just ask who would be that right person for us to talk to.

Here is a little talk with Adam from MERAK;

Please read it below, i see that they are willing to cooperate with PLESK, ... fyi . You may contact with him whenever you like

==========================

Emre,

We are definitely interested. But to be honest, I didn't receive any
message from plesk. They can whenever reach me at my e-mail, or ICQ:

Adam

Original support request received: 3.9.2004 9:56
Response sent: 3.9.2004 13:18

[ !! Please leave original mail in place when replying !!]

Adam Paclt - IceWarp sales & product manager
-------------------------------------------------------
Voice phone: +420 777 600 351 (Czech Republic GMT+1 13:18)
Fax/data: +420 602 456 361
E-mail: [email protected]
Jabber: [email protected]
- w w w . i c e w a r p . c o m -
IceWarp Email Server Software

knocx> Hello Adam;

You know We have been using merak for a long time. We are also Sw-Softs localization partners in Turkey . There is a high
demand from plesk users to swsoft , to support merak mail
server.

But plesk claims that you are not interested in such a
co-operation http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?threadid=17086&goto=newpost)

We really want to use plesk on our win servers
integrated with merak. because these 2 products are great! I
will be glad if you let me know about this issue, why you do
not want to bundle merak with plesk.

Best Regards
Emre SAYIN
==================
www.ihs.com.tr
==================

Thanks a lot, I've sent an e-mail to Adam.

I'll keep you guys posted on the status of Merak support in Plesk. Now I could hope that we will be able to release it as an update to Plesk 7, i.e. earlier than the next major release.

Hello,

Any updates on MERAK support with PLESK?
Will this happen in the next days?

Please let us know.

Regards,
Henry

We have tried and tested several MTA since 1999 (Imail, Qmail, IIS...etc) Believe me, Merak is the best MTA ever! :)

Please download a trial version at icewarp.com , you will recognize the power of merak in 1-2 mins.

emre

Back