• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Messages log is flooding with many grafana alerts

@DieterWerner

>> After a reinstallation (today) the grafana.log contains this:

After a reinstallation of what? Of your server?

I do see some of the messages you mention in the log of yesterday in the early morning, but today no more errors.

:D You're overthinking it @Pleskie Unless you've decided not to allow them to... Then practically all Plesk Extentions will update themselves automatically.
All you need to do, is check the version numbers of the two Plesk Extentions and assuming that they are as stated above (Advanced Monitoring 1.4.3 / Grafana extension version 1.2.3 ) you're all done. It's that easy (but see below)

Okay, the button click and new license got me confused :) So if I understand you correctly ... if I would reinstall my server and reinstall Plesk, then the Advanced Monitoring and grafana requirements would be automatically installed and I would not have to do anything?

....So if I understand you correctly ... if I would reinstall my server and reinstall Plesk, then the Advanced Monitoring and grafana requirements would be automatically installed and I would not have to do anything?
??? Why would you need to do all of that?
You can disable and/or remove Plesk Extentions any time you want. You've got complete freedom of choice.
So, moving on from the above, if you were to remove what you have now and then later, choose to re-install those Plesk Extentions, you would be, by default, adding the latest versions of the both, to your Plesk installation / Server OS (unless you choose otherwise). Can't comment on what you would add by default, on a new server / Plesk install, as there are many variables when you factor in the choice of Plesk Licences / Plesk Packages / Plesk Supplier / OS Packages etc.

No - they did not!
:D :D :D As we know already from past experiences, yours, are often different than others @DieterWerner :D
It's not clear, what you're specifically referring to with the above? Can you elaborate more? "They" is too generic ;)
After a reinstallation (today) the grafana.log contains this:
---------------------------------
t=2021-06-21T11:44:08+0200 lvl=warn msg="plugin failed to exit gracefully" logger=plugins.backend pluginId=grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource
t=2021-06-21T11:44:11+0200 lvl=warn msg="Running an unsigned plugin" logger=plugins pluginID=grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource pluginDir=/var/lib/grafana/plugins/grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource/dist
t=2021-06-21T11:44:11+0200 lvl=eror msg="Failed to start plugin" logger=plugins.backend pluginId=grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource error="Incompatible API version with plugin. Plugin version: 1, Client versions: [2]"
t=2021-06-21T11:44:11+0200 lvl=warn msg="Running an unsigned plugin" logger=plugins pluginID=plesk-json-backend-datasource pluginDir=/var/lib/grafana/plugins/plesk-json-backend-datasource/dist
t=2021-06-21T11:44:11+0200 lvl=eror msg="Failed to read plugin provisioning files from directory" logger=provisioning.plugins path=/etc/grafana/provisioning/plugins error="open /etc/grafana/provisioning/plugins: no such file or directory"
t=2021-06-21T13:06:08+0200 lvl=eror msg="Alert Rule Result Error" logger=alerting.evalContext ruleId=19 name="Plesk memory usage" error="request handler response error {invalid status code. status: 500 Internal Server Error A <nil> [] [] 0xc000b5db60}" changing state to=keep_state
t=2021-06-21T13:06:08+0200 lvl=eror msg="Alert Rule Result Error" logger=alerting.evalContext ruleId=17 name="Mail server memory usage" error="request handler response error {invalid status code. status: 500 Internal Server Error A <nil> [] [] 0xc00100d7d0}" changing state to=keep_state
---------------------------------
Can't comment on your grafan.log content, as we don't have anything like that / or anything containing any of those messages. Sorry!
'Advanced Monitoring' is a part of the common 'Plesk Extensions' and not a part of the 'Extensions Catalog'
Advance Monitoring - Advanced Monitoring
Grafana - Grafana
Both are Plesk Extensions and you can see both of them / select them / install them from the Plesk GUI Catalog (well we can.... ;))
Both appear under 'My Extensions' https://your-hosting-domain:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/installed once you have added / installed them
In addition (might depend on which Plesk view you're working with...) You can access Advance Monitoring seperately from the Plesk Column View Menu too
Therefore, not sure of what the relevance is, of this last point?

??? Why would you need to do all of that?
You can disable and/or remove Plesk Extentions any time you want. You've got complete freedom of choice.
So, moving on from the above, if you were to remove what you have now and then later, choose to re-install those Plesk Extentions, you would be, by default, adding the latest versions of the both, to your Plesk installation / Server OS (unless you choose otherwise). Can't comment on what you would add by default, on a new server / Plesk install, as there are many variables when you factor in the choice of Plesk Licences / Plesk Packages / Plesk Supplier / OS Packages etc.

Yes, but I was more wondering about the button click thing. I was wondering if I would (re)install in the future if I'd have to click a button. And why there was a button in the first place ... I assume we have to agree with the new license or something???

Yes, but I was more wondering about the button click thing.
The Plesk changelog is pretty descriptive of exactly that:
"...When you install Advanced Monitoring now, Plesk will prompt you to install the Grafana extension as well and show the button you need to click to automatically install the extension..." That's about as self-explanatory as you can get.
I was wondering if I would (re)install in the future if I'd have to click a button. And why there was a button in the first place ... I assume we have to agree with the new license or something???
:) Try it! You are taking regular server snapshots presumably, so take one (just in case), then delete the two extensions, then re-install them. You can't break anything, it's a simple process & the answers you need / plus personal real time experience of this, will be right threre for you.

The Plesk changelog is pretty descriptive of exactly that:
"...When you install Advanced Monitoring now, Plesk will prompt you to install the Grafana extension as well and show the button you need to click to automatically install the extension..." That's about as self-explanatory as you can get.

:) Try it! You are taking regular server snapshots presumably, so take one (just in case), then delete the two extensions, then re-install them. You can't break anything, it's a simple process & the answers you need / plus personal real time experience of this, will be right threre for you.

Yeah, I'll give it a go one of these days and see what will happen :) Anyhow, glad the problem is solved now! Thanks for your help!

:D :D :D As we know already from past experiences, yours, are often different than others @DieterWerner :D
It's not clear, what you're specifically referring to with the above? Can you elaborate more? "They" is too generic ;)

Can't comment on your grafan.log content, as we don't have anything like that / or anything containing any of those messages. Sorry!

Advance Monitoring - Advanced Monitoring
Grafana - Grafana
Both are Plesk Extensions and you can see both of them / select them / install them from the Plesk GUI Catalog (well we can.... ;))
Both appear under 'My Extensions' https://your-hosting-domain:8443/modules/catalog/index.php/installed once you have added / installed them
In addition (might depend on which Plesk view you're working with...) You can access Advance Monitoring seperately from the Plesk Column View Menu too
Therefore, not sure of what the relevance is, of this last point?
You are right as always.
It looks like I use a special version of Plesk or I'm a particularly stupid administrator.
The first mentioned case seems to be not possibel. ;)

Back