• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Meta Data Defaults

AlecWood

New Pleskian
I have Parallels Desktop and Web Presence Builder included as part of my hosting contract. It's allowed me to quickly knock up a fairly decent site, but I have one problem with it that makes even the most minor edit a real chore

Whenever I publish, the following lines

<meta name="description" content="....
<meta name="keywords" content=".....

These two lines have to be reedited manually for 3/4 of the pages because whenever I publish, despite the correct values being specified in the settings page, revert to some kind of weird default value completely different to the ones I have set.

So, is there some kind of default master template or something I can manually edit, or some other setting I can tweak to make each page take on the description and keywords I have set?

Solved

OK, so I found the problem, I'll post it here for anyone else who needs it

It's not immediately obvious, but the meta data settings boxes in "Settings" only applies to new pages you create AFTER you change these settings

You need to open the "Pages" tab and click "Edit description and keywords" to change the data on any pages you've already created. It's a ball-ache but that seems to work

Hi Alec.

You are correct, that's the way things work right now. In 11.5 we'll be changing this behavior so that if you change global metadata under Settings and don't customize specific page metadata, changes on Settings will affect all pages with non-customized metadata.

Back